If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When RPGs let you put points into stats, warrior classes invariably have to pump STR and CON.

2»

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ As predictable as it is of me, I'd propose a solution that follows "reality".

Make fighter abilities less powerful but more cost efficient than magic ones by a good stretch. A magical ability might be good for a singular, short burst of power, but a fighter ought not to run dry like a mage. Ser Dixinmouth mightn't be able to summon a nuke like Facward the Terribly Intimidating, but a weapon technique costs nothing.

I'm tellin' you guys, the concepts that underpin real swordsmanship are a game design goldmine, be they used literally or in abstract.

• No rainbow star
    ^ You know, that makes perfect sense to me

Magic requires preparation, the right mind set, and seems like it would burn power fast. It seems like a firework that way. Loud, big, flashy, but over way too quickly and takes a ton of time to prepare

Swords meanwhile seem like a controlled fire. It isn't flashy and won't do as much damage as a firework to the knee chest, but it is sustainable
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I've never had a problem with Zeromus killing my party with Big Bang.

Then again, that was FF II (US).

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

You know how I said I was going to make a TES RPG? Cancel that. I'm making a completely homebrew system instead.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "And I think there are classes designed to do both"

Yup. A fair number, actually. Hell, there are also theurgic classes, if you simply have to be a sorcerer and a cleric at the same time.