If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Lionsgate wants to milk Twilight more

edited 2012-01-16 23:17:27 in Meatspace

Yeah.

Isn't the main story supposed to be over after the next movie? Between this and intending to remake American Psycho (which is only 12 years old!) I'm beginning to think Lionsgate wants to be some parody of a Hollywood studio.

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

The worst part of that article is that it compares Enders Game to Twilight.  >:l

• Summit (who bought the movie rights before Lionsgate bought the studio) seemed to see it as some potential successor, anyway.

• They're somethin' else.

EEEEEWWWWWW

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

>Anything to do with Twilight.

allofmyhate.jpg

• /uploads fanart of Fluttershy suckling Twilight

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

don't you dare gelzo

that picture is weird

• That you know it exists is good enough for me.

• edited 2012-01-17 00:40:19
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Mine eyes have beheld such horrors.

Also, I know it from this (NSFW)

Back on topic though, this will probably get made, and that makes me a sad panda.

• Oh, I meant the one where Fluttershy was doing it as an adult. Same artist, though.

• Gelzo wrote:
    /uploads fanart of Fluttershy suckling Twilight

The implication is that Fluttershy is Lionsgate and for some reason that's amusing

Oh yeah, I've seen that one too.  Got them mixed up.  Again, such horrors, yadda yadda

^ nooooooooooooooo

• Fluttershy's not an entertainment company, silly.

• She should be.

She'd get to make Mad Men! :P

• Heh, that was a cool Hub ad.

Hub makes cool ads.  Haven't seen that one, though

• This.

I wrack my brain over whether or not it was the work of Troika Design Group (who has done most of The Hub's design work, including the "Bridlemaids" billboard).

• Yes, we know, you hate the Bridlemaids billboard.

• I was including it because it was relevant to this derail.

...some part of me wants to use this thread as an opportunity to play the character of Lionsgate, even though I have no idea what the studio's characterization would be.

• No rainbow star
    ^ A gate made out of lions?
  • No, silly. Lionsgate is a lion, like MGM. Sometimes Lionsgate bickers with MGM, sort of like Zorak and Lokar.

• But you never had any to begin with.

The worst part of that article is that it compares Enders Game to Twilight.

Well, they both have authors who far overestimate their own skill.

^ but Ender's Game at least is still, y'know, actually good
  • a little muffled

They're both about how Mormons are better than everyone else.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

^^ But Ender's Game and Twilight also have a moral that is rather disconcerting and becomes even more so when you look at the background of the author.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>Ender's Game

>Good

Which part was good again? The insanely obvious twist that the game was real? The turgid prose? The galvanization of genocide?

• But you never had any to begin with.

Clearly the part where being molested turns you into a gay molester. ...No, wait, that was Scott Card's Hamlet. His works are all bleeding together.

• You can change. You can.

one day, i'll get why people talk about OSC as a has-been rather than a never-was

one day

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Some people can't accept that the things they liked as kids are actually shit.

• If they're likable for kids, that makes it a good children's book. Not liking it as an adult doesn't make it objectively shit.
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Except the book tries to justify genocide on at least one occasion. At the very least, it tries to show that even though the main character committed genocide, it's not his fault because he didn't know. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I have not read the book in a while. Coupled with the really disturbing undertones of incest and bizarrely detailed fight between the naked children in the shower room, and the conservative-fringe rhetoric Card has espoused, and it becomes very difficult to look at Ender's Game as anything other than Starship Troopers (the novel) but for children.