If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

In which I decide to complain about people on the Internet.

edited 2012-01-16 12:25:40 in Webspace
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Story: Gay Teen Who Starred in "It Gets Better" videos commits suicide. This is a truly terrible, sad thing, and it displays that not only does increased media attention not always solve your problems, but that recognizing the bullying and telling people about it is only the first step, and that more needs to be done to prevent the bullying of LBGT youths.

Some comments on the story from our friends at fark.com:

• L Okay
    G Okay
    B Ehh...
    T No

Might as well throw a 'W' in there for people who can only have sex with Wookies.

• What a drama queen.

• It did get better. He just needed to off himself first.

• No sympathy. If you kill yourself, that's on you, nobody else.
    He had a support network and chose not to take advantage of it.
    Fk him.

• Viral marketing?

• If that's true, I hope [the mother, who tried to get him exorcised a few years ago] feels guilty for the rest of her life.

Not likely. She'll just hum to herself that her boy was forgiven by Jeebus and now lives in heaven with Gawd.

• so wait... posting videos on youtube makes you a filmmaker these days?

No no no... it makes you a gay one.

• And now the mother gets the joy of having to live with, for the rest of her life, the fact that her encouragement finally convinced him to remove himself from the gene pool, thereby preserving the family honor.

FTFH.

Remember, remorse is a human characteristic, not unlike empathy.

• He claims his mother performed an exorcism on him in an effort to cure her son of his homosexuality before eventually kicking him out of his home.

It should be legal to murder people that do this. Either that or put them in gulags.

• Sure are a lot of assholes in here this evening.

The dude in the article is really missing out

• did it set itself on fire as it offed itself? Because that'd be triple stereotype score.

• [In response to people saying that it was insensitive to make jokes] Man, lots of butthurt in this thread... guess I shouldn't be surprised, given the subject matter.

• The only reason I've even heard of this "it gets better" thing is because all the contributors seem to kill themselves. It's a good thing they're not selling anything, because their marketing strategy is pretty awful.

• Yes, he refused to change his behavior and would rather die then fix himself. Better off dead.

• Eh, if you are going to kill yourself man up and do it right. Join the military, run into a terrorist safehouse, and set off a grenade. Fight a tiger with a pocket knife. Try to eat the world's largest stack of pancakes.

Or best yet, move, change your name and be a different person.

• Transsexual-ism(?) does not seem like a healthy thing. Hacking your body up because you 'think' it should be something else? Don't we treat anorexics for less than that?

First two pages. Fuck the Internet 

Comments

• >Fark

See, that's your problem right there.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Hey, least it ain't freep.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

WAAAHHH!!!!

No, it DOESN'T get better.

Some people will ALWAYS hate your gay ass, or your fat ass, or your white ass, or your black ass, or your clothes, or the fact that you are a mouth breather, or too short, or too tall, or bald, or dread-locked, or rich, or poor, or republitard, or demofag. People have been kicked out of the house for joining the service, or dating another race, and for a gazillion other reasons.

So what.

Let's ALL make a "pity me" video and try to enact legislation protecting "us" because we are ALL so special.

I wish these spineless "special" people would just kill themselves already so the rest of us don't have to hear the whining.

Pussies!

t2.gstatic.com

The problem with fark.com is that this person is very likely "trolling." No, they don't actually believe that, but honestly what is the difference between being a racist, classist, homophobic bigot and an ironic racist, classist, homophobic bigot?

• I am unable to differentiate in my mind regular whining and these guys' raving complaints about it. It all sounds the same to me.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

The internet has been gifted.

• "The problem with fark.com is that this person is very likely "trolling." No, they don't actually believe that, but honestly what is the difference between being a racist, classist, homophobic bigot and an ironic racist, classist, homophobic bigot?"

One totally lacks self-awareness, the other only pretends to have it.