If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IRL Dragonborn

edited 2012-01-12 15:29:30 in IJAM

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/11/16/dragonborn/

Well holy hell, someone actually did it.

Back in February, we threw down a challenge: if anyone delivered a child on 11.11.11 and named him/her Dovahkiin, we would provide free Bethesda games for life.

Today we congratulate proud parents Megan and Eric Kellermeyer for completing the quest. As noted on their webcomic site (and documents shared with us), Megan gave birth to Dovahkiin Tom Kellermeyer last Friday at 6:08 pm PST.

Be it the real world or the game worlds we create, we wish young Dovahkiin the best in all his adventures. And if Alduin ever reaches this realm, we’ll be in touch.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Er...this happened when Skyrim was released. Didn't we have a thread on it then?

• a little muffled

Better than being named Gandalf.

• Sorry, I didn't know. You can close it I guess.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I feel sorry for that kid.

• edited 2012-01-12 15:48:44
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Thankfully, he can just go by the nickname "Dover".

The same cannot be said of the one named Gandalf.

^^^Nah, no need. It legitimately is pretty interesting.

• Also might not have known since I was avoiding Skyrim spoilers at all costs but urgh. I feel slow as a brick now. >_>;; orz

At least they gave the kid a normal middle name.

Yeah, he can go by "Dover" or "Tom" or whatever.

Not as bad as the lady who named her kids Orangejello and Lemonjello.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Actually, he'll probably go by D. Tom Kellermeyer.

• edited 2012-01-12 16:09:09
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^ Or the woman who named her kid "Shithead" and insisted that it was pronounced "shuh-teed", or something like that. Or the woman who named her kid "Temptress" because she misheard a similar word on The Cosby Show and ended up with her daughter inviting older men to their home for sex.

This is still a pretty bad name, though. As is Gandalf.

• Glaives are better.

I still like the tale of Loser, known by his friend as Lou. He's the Chief of Police now.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Whereas his brother, Winner, is a criminal. Funny how that works.

Who else here has read Freakonomics?

I have. And the other book, whatever it was called. Superfreakonomics?

• No rainbow star
    Well, as stated, it could be worse. At least he has a decent nickname and middle name to go by

Although I hope he grows up to be big and intimidating because if somebody finds out his full first name, then he'll need to pass a few intimidation checks
  • ...So they gave their kid a stupid name for games? Well, here's hoping the kid either turns out to be just as big a nerd as they are, or at the very least doesn't end up killing them.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Maybe the kid will become the next crocodile hunter! :D

...Except when he catches them he smashes in their skulls and tries to absorb their souls...

^ Does that mean he might be Dracula?

• No rainbow star
    ^ Only if he contracts sanguinare vampiris and doesn't get it cured within three days
  • Glaives are better.

Do you mean Porphyria Hemophilia?

Actually, that just means he's Soma, since he can absorb souls.  Though he doesn't necessarily have to choose to be Dracula.

• I remember several years ago this one chick on the Sonic Cult forums named her kid Yujinaka. As in the main guy behind Sonic the Hedgehog. She even had photos of the birth certificate.
  • But you never had any to begin with.

^^ Well, Soma doesn't really get a /choice/ as such.