If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Netfix

edited 2012-01-09 09:42:50 in Media
Champion of the Whales
What is it like in the US because Netfix has announced they are coming here.

Is it worth getting and what do they stream?

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    The service is getting expensiver. They stream...well, from what I heard, they stream anything, really. At least, I've seen anime constantly being brought up as streaming material.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Anime and TV shows are what they're most reliable about streaming a lot of stuff. Movies, less so.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Netflix's anime seletion leaves a fair bit to be desired, but their TV show selection is pretty solid.
  • Champion of the Whales
    What about films because the only other streaming company in the UK had a legal spat with Universal and can't show any post 2009 film from Universal
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Films are kinda sketchy, they never seem to have the good stuff.(Apocalypse Now, American Psycho, Fight Club etc.).

Though their anime selection has a few gems it's mostly moe moe harem fanservice crap.

Regardless they have enough variety to effectively replace TV.

• Champion of the Whales

Oh cool, thanks guys btw.

• Apocalypse Now

My friend was just streaming that a few weeks ago, which means that unless they got rid of it, they do at least have that.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^Their selection varies between states. Led to some confusion when I found it out, since I watched something with my roommate in Atlanta, then drove back to Birmingham the next day and tried to show it to my parents, only to find that it wasn't there.

• edited 2012-01-09 17:07:01

Ah.  That's... bizarre.  Or rather, kind of annoying.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>Films are kinda sketchy

>Has The Seventh Seal, Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, Blade Runner, Logan's Run, High Noon, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, The Chinese Connection, Lord of The Rings, countless Hayao Miyazaki films, Drunken Master, Troll Hunter, Let The Right One In, and many more I haven't thought of.

Just saying.

• edited 2012-01-09 22:26:13
    You can change. You can.

Just one question: Does it have "Tumba y Tumbao"?

I couldn't tell you because I don't have netflix anymore. ;_;

Gonna try and convince my dad to spring for instant only though...

• ^^ Not for streaming, but it does have it for rental.

what the fuck

has netflix beaten me

how did this happen

The don't have The Final Programme. One of the few Michale Moorcock stories to get a movie.

I win Hipster bingo!

fuck! malk is more of a movie hipster than meeeeeeee!

i must commit seppuku

but just before i die, i want to say and steal something from a better comedian than me

"Do moe samurai commit seppugu~"

--dies--

YOU STOLE MY JOKE YOU BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU!

-beat-

GODDAMMIT!

--spirit appears--

You're not barcode, shut up!

• Champion of the Whales

Well its nice to know that it might be worth getting.

I just hope it shows a lot of American based drama because it can be good but hard to get legally.

• Champion of the Whales

Sweet, Netfix is only £5.99 and the library they have for the United Kingdom is huge.

• Isn't it grand?

• Champion of the Whales

Its better than that LoveFilm rubbish who gouge yer eyes out for a shitter service.