If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When lazy remixes are showered with praise

BobBob
edited 2012-01-09 06:18:36 in Webspace
-takes regular song, speeds it up a bit and adds some drums-

"OMG, THIS IS LYK THE BEST REMIX EVER I'M SO HAPPY I FOUND THISSS!!!!!!"

I hope youtube gets wiped off of the face of the internet and that lazy remixers and the people who enjoyed the shit they put out all get diarrhea, inguinal hernias and pneumonia, all at the same time.

Comments

• e.g. the entire Nightcore genre.

I enjoy Nightcore, so if my bowel movements are disrupted, you'll be hearing from my lawyer.
  • BobBob
    edited 2012-01-09 06:35:55
    Woah, I didn't even realize how applicable to nightcore this thread is before you made that comment. Or what nightcore was. Who names a genre "nightcore"? That's the name a gay scene kid would name their own genre. Then again, I guess that makes sense, judging from the sound...
  • It's more in the direction of weeaboo than scene, methinks. Heaven shudders at the thought of the two overlapping.
  • Some pretty lazy remixes have ended up being big hits - like the remix of "A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis a few years ago. It really didn't add much to the original. On the other hand, if you go back to the late 90s, Fatboy Slim's remix of "Brimful of Asha" turned a fairly poor song into a major success. That's good remixing.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Woah, I didn't even realize how applicable to nightcore this thread is before you made that comment. Or what nightcore was. Who names a genre "nightcore"? That's the name a gay scene kid would name their own genre. Then again, I guess that makes sense, judging from the sound...

It's funny because you can replace the word nightcore with chillwave and it makes exactly the same amount of sense. Also I suppose you don't like Araabmuzik much.

• Again, I have no idea what either those are.

To the youtubemobile!

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

C'mon chillwave isn't even hipster anymore! It is used by LAMESTREAMERS to sound cool even though when we're all going to Coachella they are goin 2 BROACHELLA!!!!!!!

It's lo-fi dreampop

• edited 2012-01-09 20:01:18
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

chillwave's an Internet meme created by one of the worst blogs in existence that eventually sprouted into what I'm assuming is a legitimate genre. Haven't listened to much of it myself, honestly.

Araabmuzik's a hip-hop producer and MPC virtuoso who started out making beats for the likes of Cam'Ron and Jim Jones (i.e. not-good rappers), and eventually released a critically acclaimed mixtape full of, based on "Streetz Tonight" (I haven't listened to it myself), incredibly hands-off remixes of trance and house records. 

chillwave's an Internet meme created by one of the best blogs in existence that eventually sprouted into what I'm assuming is a legitimate genre. Haven't listened to much of it myself, honestly.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

no

• ...Okay, what blog?

lamestreamer

• BobBob
    edited 2012-01-09 21:06:21

Normally I'm okay with all this hipster bullshit, but that is just... no. NOOOO.