If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Buddy Roemer has not been on a single debate

edited 2012-01-09 00:15:05 in Politics
Snowy Foxes

All because of some 2% criterion or something. I'm not even sure how many people know he's a Republican candidate.

The fact that he refuses donations from corporations and [Super] Pacs and only takes $100 per U.S. citizen must have something to do with it, since I haven't seen a single TV ad. Hell, I didn't know he was running before he was on the Rachel Maddow Show last week.

He seems the least insane of the candidates. Then again, the only position he has that I know about is "STOP THE LOBBYING AND CORRUPTION" and politicians are far from shining paragons of honesty and I'm not familiar with his track record, so...

Still, I want to see him on a debate. It might be a nice change of pace.

... hell, are there other candidates in the same position?

Comments

• Well, presumably there has to be some kind of criterion for inclusion, otherwise just anyone could say "I'm a Republican presidential candidate" and get on TV. Level of support in the polls is as good a criterion as any.

FWIW, there are a lot of minority parties in the UK whose leaders didn't get on the party leaders' debates in our election in 2010, for much the same reason, including several who had a good chance at least of winning seats.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I thought Thad McCotter dropped out?

Or is he still in?