If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

google-analytics.com

edited 2012-01-07 11:31:56 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
You make webpages hang.

Specifically, you are causing me to have to allow cookies for session, from like every website.  News stations/newspapers were the first type of websites where I noticed this happening--if I denied all their cookies (not cookies from google-analytics.com, cookies from the website itself), the page would hang with a status bar message reading "Read google-analytics.com".  This has since spread to blogspot, as well as various third-party Steam-affiliated sites such as steamprices.com.

Thank goodness I still have an "allow for session" option, which allows me to junk their cookies at the end of the day (roughly), at the cost of me having to login anew every time I'd want to actually sign into such websites...which is extremely rarely.

Comments

• In Opera, Adblock is blocking this thread because it contains "google-analytics.com" in the url, which is... amusing?  Perhaps.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...that is amusing.

cnews.canoe.ca is the latest site with this problem.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Do you routinely run registry cleaning programs like CCleaner? If you did that you would junk cookies as often as you cleaned out your registry, which takes about 20 seconds most of the time.

I actually find it more interesting to deny them as they come in, because that actually tells me a lot more about how websites are run and how e-commerce works.

If I hadn't done this, I wouldn't ever have noticed just how prevalent Google Analytics is.

• edited 2012-07-15 12:50:52
    (void)

Use Ghostery.  It'll block Google Analytics without hanging any sites.  Also, it'll tell you what tracking cookies and such each site uses.