If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

What's your opinion on Paper-mache?

edited 2012-01-05 20:53:41 in Philosophy
Have you ever built a sandcastle out of Paper-mache, only to realize it's made out of sand?

Think about that.

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Have you ever built a sandcastle out of Paper-mache, only to realize it's made out of sand?

i'm assuming this is supposed to be a rhetorical question leading into some sort of philosophical treatise, because that just i don't even
  • Did you know you can't smell your own eye?

Facts like that make me depressed.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    If you pull your eye out, though, is it still your eye?
  • If you removed it from your head and are holding it, doesn't it belong to you?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Does that mean you could smell your eye by plucking an eye out of someone else's head and holding it?
  • I suppose, though it would help if you owned their head at time of plucking; otherwise, it could be considered stolen property.
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    You can build a sandcastle out of paper-mâché. But then it's not a sandcastle, it's a paper-mâchécastle.
  • You can change. You can.
    all of you are bringing back my inner misanthropic 13 year old self back
  • The OP sounds like lyrics from a long-forgotten psychedelic song of c.1968.

I think Myr has been taking the brown acid again. 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.
    Not as far as I know; I don't think anybody has.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Is this supposed to be funny?
  • "Is this supposed to be funny?"

In the end, that's the question we all ask ourselves.
  • No rainbow star
    "has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Translation: Has anyone gotten far enough in the game to decide what they want to look like

Best I can do
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    Since the quote was in respons to a screenshot from The Conduit, I think what it means is "Has any development team ever gone so far in wanting to make it look like real life?"  
  • Good people don't end up here.
    I bet Know Your Meme has a translation.

Meaning

Original:

“Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Rephrased:

“Has anyone really decided as to even go that far in wanting to do to look more like so?”

Deciphered:

“Has any video game company really taken such measure to make a game so realistic?"

• Good people don't end up here.
    I'd be interested in seeing a video game with a visual style that imitates paper-mache.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Yoshi's Story maybe?
  • What a fun game.
  • In fourth or fifth grade, I made a paper-mache mask that was like half-bird and half-goat, with sideburns and a goatee. I still have it in my room.