If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Facebook Like, Google Plus One, Twitter sharing, etc. links all over the internet

edited 2012-01-05 10:50:19 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Seriously, what happened to copying the URL, going to one's blog or Facebook profile or LiveJournal or whatever, and then just pasting the link, and adding whatever description one feels like adding?

I don't like it when other sites get to see what Facebook acquaintances I have in order to show me stuff.  I don't like all this integration at all.

brb, logging out of Facebook

Comments

• Champion of the Whales
    Apparently its where the money now is, yeah, I'm not sure how either.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    It's the idea of targeted advertising, that somehow if you try hard enough you can reach the consumers that are likely to patronize you.
  • Champion of the Whales
    But the end result is that it gets on everyones wick.
  • You can change. You can.
    It's a way of keeping things simple, I don't see what's entirely wrong with that...?
  • I don't have a problem either.
  • edited 2012-01-05 11:42:26
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Those things disturb me. Whenever you visit a site that has one of those, Facebook (or whatever other thing you're logged into) keeps a record of it.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Yeah, I don't want people to know that I viewed a stupid page (along the lines of Cracked.com articles).

Well, more accurately, I don't want it advertised.  I am fine with people knowing that I went there; I'm not fine with that fact being rubbed into people's faces.
  • I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.
    And that's why I don't have a facebook account.
  • You know what weirds me out? Sites that use Facebook as a comments section.

That's part of why I always log out of Facebook whenever I'm done with...whatever it is I log into Facebook for. I don't like seeing my name and face randomly appearing on some idiotic blog article.
  • I don't really mind that either, I just have to make sure I don't type in the comment part.