If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Gonna break things with the Job system (all over again!) Liveblogging Final Fantasy V

edited 2012-01-02 00:47:45 in Liveblogging
Kamen Rider MADOKA
Guess who's back with a re-liveblog! This time let's revisit the world of Final Fantasy V. Why, you ask? Personally, this one is the main series Final Fantasy game that I like to replay over and over again, simply because there's so much I can do to break it. That, and the Job System's fun and the plot isn't too serious I guess.

Without further ado, let's start!

----

After getting through the various splash screens, we end up at the title screen.

Obviously, as we don't have much of a choice I press New Game.

Upon pressing it I get a BLOODY BLUE FILTER AAAAAAA

So, to summarize this scene: dad has dragon, needs to check on some crystal thingy. It's an FF game, so obviously it must be SOMETHING IMPORTANT. His pink-haired daughter (named Lenna, by the way) begs him not to go, and stuff, probably because she has daddy issues or something.

Next, we get some shady looking people on a ship, and their purple-haired leader who somehow, doesn't fall off the freaking bow. And somehow, the wind stopped. We're doomed.

Afterwards, we have bearded man (whose sprite doesn't match his portrait) in a cave-portal-thing who says he has to hurry because the crystal's breaking. Gee, I wonder.

And then we get back to pink haired princess on castle thing, who goes FATHER! again. No wonder Lenna's not the most popular character from this game.

(I forgot to get screens for these because I am derp.)

We then cut back to the king dude we encountered earlier, (named King Tycoon - gee, is he rich?) in a special chamber with a crystal inside. Then, suddenly, the crystal breaks (will this be important later? I wonder).

We scene change to a brown-haired dude and a chocobo, who seems to have nothing to do with this wind stoppage scenario. Guy and his bird were just chilling, when...

Mode 7 potato meteorite out of the sky

It crashes not too far from brown haired dude's place, and he gets on his trusty steed and we end up...

on the world map.

So, folks, it seems this fellow has no name yet! Six character limit, and I hope I don't get another Zoosmell Pooplord thing.

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Make it a chicken pun

somehow
  • Ah damn it. I miss my copy of Advance. Looking forward to the liveblog.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    And his name was Danzig.
  • probably human
    Han! Han, I say!
  • Go with Jean!
  • The original name was basically a Zoosmell Pooplord itself :P
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Call him Bartz. /boring
  • edited 2012-01-02 16:50:52
    But Butts is sillier and more accurate!
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA

This is the menu. Stuff is mostly self-explanatory, but I'll give a rundown of the stuff we can currently go through.

Item allows us to use and manage our items. We have space for all items available in the game, but only 99 of each. Weird.

Magic allows us to view what spells we currently have, and use some for healing or whatever. At the moment, no one, not even our main character here, can.

Equip allows us to equip items. There are slots for right and left hands, and everyone in this game is technically ambidextrous. There are also slots for armor, headgear, and accessories.

Status allows us to view a more detailed dossier on a character, such as their equipment, statistics, and experience.

Config here is important. The screen color is something I'm not bothering with, since playing these games with a menu shaded blue is nice. On the other hand, I'm setting the battle speed to 1 so that I can get through certain areas fast. The Advance version also adds the ability to dash with the B button, and it stacks with something which in the original game made you dash.

Quicksave creates a, well, quick save at your current location and exits the game. After loading a quicksave, it is erased. This can be useful for when we want to reset the random number generator.

Save is a more permanent save, and this time we have four slots to do it. We can only do it on the World Map so far.

Heading up north yields nothing, so we swing back to where we started and head east.

Here we are

We jump off our trusty steed, and continue on.

Our hero chances on two monsters abducting that pink-haired girl from earlier. The battle doesn't take awhile, it's that easy.

HERRO INSERT NAME HERE

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW DYRE

Let's go with something far more awesome. (plus, we can pretend Boko is Chewbacca or something)

ooh, the wandering type.

:catdrugs:

Super Secret Treasure! (not really)

:amnesia:

So, Pink-haired girl (henceforth known as Lenna) goes off with Amnesiac Coot (who can only remember his name, Galuf), leaving us all alone. Except not really, we're going off after them!

We go north again, but this time, rocks be falling and our big bird got us volunteered into helping those two out.

We rescue the two, and Han tries to look cool by sitting pretty on a pillar there.

OOH SICK BURN

Our little party, as of this update. I've shown you Han's stuff already (and he got bumped up to level 2 due to all those Goblins), so on to the other two.

Lenna's Knife is the only item of its kind in the game.

Galuf goes unarmed, which means that he hits for little but twice per attack.

That's it for today. Up next:

BIRD DISCRIMINATION
  • probably human
    Hurrah!