If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When you're about to finish a series

edited 2011-12-29 17:50:33 in General
You can change. You can.
And want to postpone the ending as hard as you can

That, and you don't know what you're gonna watch next.

sucks, man, i'm telling ya

Comments

• edited 2011-12-29 18:20:51

Eh, better an ending than the series becoming a zombie.

I sometimes do the postponing thing for video games. Not really sure why, since I frequently end up doing challenge runs anyway.

• You can change. You can.
    Well, yeah, I'd prefer an actual conclusion, doesn't mean I actually wanna finish a show. Especially when it has been as good as the one I'm watching.
  • a little muffled
    I rarely have this issue; any series with an overarching plot, I want to see the end. Sometimes I get post-series blues, but while I'm watching there's never an "I don't want it to end" feeling.
  • You can change. You can.
    I think my problem is just that Twin Peaks is too short and I sorta know that the ending is gonna be unsatisfactory.
  • edited 2011-12-29 23:09:57
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    A book series I've followed for the past decade is going to be ending soon.

So I know that feel particularly bro.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    The Nightside by Simon R. Green

It's one of those novels that are really breezy and easy to read. Perfect airplane reading. They're also fun because the writer is very intelligent and educated and sneaks in history, literary, and mythological references.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Link's Awakening in a nutshell.
  • Despite loving aliens and monsters all my life I put off ever watching Dr. Who until starting the 2000's series just a month ago.

I'm already close to catching up with television. It's not even ENDING yet, and I'm already dreading having to wait between episodes.
  • edited 2011-12-31 18:33:50
    Wow, I am now feeling this towards Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Mainly because it marks the end of Ezio's story. =(

And this is like the only time I've ever felt this way.
  • a little muffled
    @Scythemantis: Especially bad given the extra-long wait between series 6 and 7.
  • Huh, never had this problem.