If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Let's make a cockroach racing anime!

edited 2011-12-15 15:03:51 in General
Silence is golden.

Greetings, fellow users!

So one day I thought “Glowsquid, you need to write”. But I didn’t really have any inspiration so I decided to combine three of my favorite things: racing, anime and cockroaches!

I don’t know how to describe the anime’s feel, so I’ll say it’s part Homestuck, a little Assassin 2015, some BladeForce, half Codename:Tenka, un zeste de Bogey Dead 6, a microcosm of Days of Thunder, a lot of MD Geist, a tiny bit of of Terrorist Takedown 3 and a cherry of Rogue Warrior (the book) to complete the cake! Mostly that means it has a lot of violence, bad words, titty-mmm-bop-bop-tittays and mature content for mature viewers.

THE WORLDBUILDING

The story takes place in an alternate history which is exactly the same except that the Condor Legion was wiped out by a CONVENIENTLY DESTRUCTIVE STORM at the start of the Spanish Civil War. As a result, the Nazis, lacking intel and combat experience, decide to revise their plan for European domination and thus WWII never happened. Instead, the Nazi fortified their nationalism and developed their nuclear program. The ensuing tension leads to a face off  with the United States at the dawn of the new millennium. An EXTREME NUCLEAR WAR ensues and humanity is wiped out. Wiped out..? No! For, a few humans managed to survive by hiding safely underground.

(Cyborg Fuhrer XIIII ordering a nuclear attack. This is an example of using clevrely edited photos to illustrate SERIOUS HISTORICAL MATTER)

A few century passes and humanity is ready to return to the now safe surface. However, they now find the overworld has now a new master – cockroaches! Indeed, drawing from the AWESOME POWER of the radiations, the cockroaches managed to evolve to the point of of being of size and intelligence comparable to humans. Cohabitation is initially difficult but the two species eventually form a deep bond, leading to the greatest sport of them all – COCKROACH RACING!

However, this peace is threatened by the amok machinery of the old world and a cadre of vile FUTURISM followers, of which the mysterious dictator TECHNO-GENOCIDE is the leader… or is he?

THE CHARACTERS

VLAD CARTHASIS

Vlad Carthasis uses a highly customized Grümsturm CM-FP6. It is a fully automatic double-barreled shotgun equipped with a long range scope and a flamethrower attachment. It can dispense 5000 rounds of depleted uranium shells per minutes and hit up to a range of 6000 feets!

TROPES

Badass

BadassNormal

BadassLongcoat: He eventually upgrades to that.

BerserkButton: Mess with his pals and he will FUCK your SHIT up.

DeadpanSnarker: His response to an orphan’s (SPOILER: paid by the enemy) concern about his so-called “unnecessarily violent” method of arrest? “You have no parents!”

LastOFHisKind:  It is eventually revealed that he is the last living descendant of the proud CYBERNEER order.

Turbo Slix

DeadpanSnarker: He has his moments.

NobleBigot: He hates the gays, gypsies, womens, other ethnicities, dinosaurs and the Jews, and even personally killed a few of ‘em. He’s basically a Neo-Nazi, and he’s one of the good guys. This is how extreme things are!

TECHNO-GENOCIDE

BigBad

CompleteMonster

Expy: He’s basically my ex GenderFlipped.

CRUSADER 666

The right-hand man of Techno-Genocide. He wears a heavily armed Nanotek suit of armour and is a total badass.

TROPES

Badass

BadassEvil

CompleteMonster

DracoInLeatherPant: To the point it affects the author.

The project at this point is fully complete. All it needs are animators, voice actors, writers (as the plot still needs to be decided), script doctors (those are disposable, though) and funding. Composers are not needed as the soundtrack will consist of carefully selected Pitchshifter and KMFDM tracks.

So, who wants to join..?

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    my_head_apples-(n1294477668703).jpg
  • For anyone not familiar with the Something Awful Tv Tropes thread, this is exactly the kind of troper fiction they've been mocking, and rightly.

Well done.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    I MADE A NEW CHARACTER

Her name is Kuki Ro-chan and she is very badass and confortable with her sexuality .But she has a deep backstory too! She was raped but she enjoyed it!!!!

TROPES

Asexual
    Badass
    Badass Normal
    Badass Adorable
    Bi The Way
    Buxom Is Better
    Fanservice
    Fanservice Girl
    Panty Shot
    Deadpan Snarker
    Cloudcuckoolander
    Moe
    Tsundere
    Yandere
    Kuudere
    Deredere
    Kawaiiko
    Meganekko
    Childhood Friend
    Rape As Drama
    Rape As Comedy
    Rape As Dramedy
    Rape As Essay
    Rape As Instruction Book

• ^ You forgot:-

Rape As Light Entertainment

Rape As Reality TV

"Why did you Trope rape twice?"

"I like rape."

• Silence is golden.

captainbrass

I am offended, offended, offended with rage! Offended that you'd deny the sincerity of my very serious attempt to create an animated show inspired by Japanese sensibilities centered around cockroach racing. Offended by your implication that I am in any way influenced by the RUDE JERKS at Something Awful. And most certainly, oh que oui, OFFENDED that you are decrying classic works such as Instruments of God and Dystropia, which will most certainly become classic masterpieces in their fields. Rustre, va!

>>>nohaynicklibre

Well done job fellow user! Kuki Ro's goundbreaking characterization and dramatic back story reinforce the strong multinational and multiclass message the show is meant to sent, and she will no doubt make a fine addition to the character roster. Your creation is officialy accepted into Canon!

Speaking of which, there are two more characters!

HERRRJIKA "Itch Dick" the Godless

The mage of the grouop, she is very cute, acts adorable and is pretty mysterious and stuff.

TROPES:

ActionGirl

MoeMoe: And how!

MysteriousWaif

StaffChick

Pettanko

WINSTON

In order to be a definitive icon of multiculturalism and tolerance, the show must include at least one black character. However, not being familiar with any black persons IRL (in part due to their strange language, alien "hip-hop culture" and odd skin color), I did not feel comfortable creating any realistic black characters. However, not to be undone, I did the most rational thing I could do and thus pilfered the classic Jamaican Humvee driver from the classic video game Coprse Killer™, for use with the Sega CD™, Sega 32X™, Sega Saturn™ and 3DO Interactive Multiplayer™ home entertainement systems, a move which will certainly increase cross-brand appeal and bring in the ethnic demographic.

I admit I do not know how copyright works, but Digital Pictures is bankrupt so this is probasbly legal right, RIGHT?

Tropes:

Badass

EthnicBadass

HateDumb: MoralGuardians complain that he is an awful stereotype inevery way imaginable. THEY ARE WRONG.

• No rainbow star
    ...Does anybody else actually want to see a cockroach racing anime involving giant mutant roaches? Because I do D:
  • Making fun of this stuff is nearly as boring as reading it.
  • ^ You're just jealous because you can't think of a story with so many tropes in.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Bleh. Even looking at parodies of these kinds of "stories" is nauseating.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    There are real stories with trope pages like that :s?
  • "There are real stories with trope pages like that :s?"

Did you ever visit the character pages? Most of them are this inane, even (or perhaps especially) for popular franchises.

• Ian - There are also real posters with literary ambitions who apparently plan their fiction that way. I didn't really get that myself until recently because I don't plan on writing fiction so I never visit Writer's Block and so on.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^^
    Nope, I really tend to only look at the pages for Tv shows/films I watch and correct mistakes, although I haven't looked at any pages in ages.

^
    Morbid curiosity compels me to go visit Writer's Block now.
  • The one "troper writing" project I participated in was TV Tropes The TV Show (for the record, I believe it was before the "Human Focused Adaptation" trope was made, and that really sums up the fundamental problem with it from the get-go). The absolute worst thing about trying to contribute was communication. Everyone had the opportunity to make their own character and that led to everyone having their own idea of what they wanted to see regardless of how well it meshed with the whole thing (I was guilty of this myself). And since decision-making was dominated by the Ventrilo clique, it was a pain for forum-goers to get caught up with background details necessary to integrate their ideas better. And of course, the elements of shitty troper writing such as a disproportionate focus on shipping and waiting for someone else to do the actual work while they just come up with ideas were there.

In the end, the whole thing convinced me that I could be more productive just writing up something on my own.

• edited 2011-12-16 16:15:03
    No really. Please go on for fifteen more pages mocking some dumb 14year old's fanfic-with-names-changed story. This will never get old.
  • You see Myr, nobody makes you read this thread but yourself, so you're your own damn nightmare.
  • edited 2011-12-16 16:30:34
    a little muffled
    Ventrilo clique
    When Ventrilo Clique enters the battlefield, look at target thread. You may choose a post from it. If you do, that poster reveals the post, puts it on the bottom of his or her library, then makes a new post.
  • Silence is golden.

No really. Please go on for fifteen more pages mocking some dumb 14year old's fanfic-with-names-changed story. This will never get old. 

I thought of stopping at that 2nd post, but I see I'll have to write 10 more pages of rape and pedophilia jabs :P.

• Find some way to sperg out about Rottweiler's clothing choices as well.

Don't mock Deboss though, because that is something that GENUINELY never gets old.
  • ...I think you need to step away from the abyss for a while. A long while. It was nice to have old Myrmidon back, can you not revert to abyss-gazed Myrmidon?
  • I was depressed for a while.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Oh, for the love of Christ.
  • Yeah, I'm done, back to the cockroach racing.

Which really needs more yandere characters.
  • Oh yes. And for those hosed-up losers complaining about sexism, all our female characters are Strong Female Characters because they can punch people.
  • edited 2011-12-16 21:17:46
    Anyway, tempted to point out how mocking spergy otaku TVTropes fanfiction is old, but this is actually pretty funny.

Now all we need is a thread mocking the Angst thread (another old topic) and I'll be a happy guy. 
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I was going to suggest reviving the old "Entries that make you go 'wut?'" topic, but I wasn't sure if that would be importing drama or not.
  • edited 2011-12-16 21:25:35
    Or a thread mocking the Forum Lust Game. At least when Midnight Velvet and I were in there we were joking. If anything we set out to make it the least lusty thing possible.  
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ ;_;

She needs to come back.