If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm horribly nervous about my GP appointment

edited 2011-12-13 15:36:56 in Meatspace
But you never had any to begin with.
(For those who don't know what a GP is)

And it's not even till next Monday. It doesn't help that I haven't seen the guy for about 5 years. Whee, a week of nerves!

Comments

• What kind of appointment is it?
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    It'll be fine I'm sure, but what is it for?
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Discussing transitioning. I'd be less nervous if it was for, like, pretty much anything else ever.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    How is your GP is he nice?

As I say I'm sure it'll go fine but I can understand the amount of nervousness.
  • edited 2011-12-13 15:48:32
    In that case, just be honest with yourself. It's a matter of identity, after all.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Hope everything goes well. In the mean just relax and don't have too many sweets.
  • I hope it goes well for you.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > my GP appointment

I was suddenly wondering how we had a medical student in residency on our forum and we never knew it.
    Welp, that went better than expected. ...Although taking my blood pressure seemed like the most pointless thing ever, considering the circumstances.
  • You can change. You can.
    Maybe it was more of a general health check thing? Then again, he would have brought up the stethoscope then, wouldn't he?
    But taking the blood pressure of someone who's obviously going to be horribly nervous? What does this achieve?! :<
  • I'm not a doctor and I don't know much about the transgendered (which I hope is the right word), but if there's going to be any kind of medication involved it may be that it would be unsuitable for people with high blood pressure.

Anyway, doctors like to run tests whenever they can, in my experience. I've been on medication for epilepsy for years and I've had a ridiculous number of blood tests and urine samples over the years. It seems to be a kind of default thing.

GPs can't prescribe for HRT on a first visit anyway, and actual bloodwork tests have to be run.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I think I've only ever been to one doctor where they didn't take my blood pressure.

And I have been to a lot of goddamn doctors.