If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I often forget Nirvana is a pop cultural main stay

edited 2011-12-13 07:21:28 in General
You can change. You can.
It's weird, I mean, I like (Sorta) Nirvana, but whenever I hear a song by them, or I hear someone talking about them, I keep thinking "How come they know about this hipster shit?" even though Nirvana is probably one of the bigger grunge bands and bands of the 90s out there. 

Comments

• edited 2011-12-13 19:29:39
    I have heard more Nirvana on WAAF, Boston's all-sorts-of-rock station, than anywhere else. (They play some pretty terrible mainstream stuff on heavy rotation too, and helped initially make Godsmack popular, an act I should perhaps hate them for...) More than on WFNX, which is basically the hipster station. They're essential by now, I'd say. 

This thread just reminds me of how little I'm actually "into music". I should work on that.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Nirvana's effect was a lost less... lasting than one might suspect for such an influential band. Even modern grunge stuff sounds nothing like them.
  • You can change. You can.
    While the sound didn't stay, the mentality behind grunge is still as Nirvana-y as ever (Whiny shit with dada tendencies, I mean)