If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Those price stickers on the back of stuff

edited 2011-12-11 19:40:25 in General
I'm a damn twisted person
Seriously they bug me. Mostly because they almost never peel off easily and always leave behind a mess. And even when scrapping it off there is that gluey mess that is left behind that is almost worse.

Anybody here know a good way to get price stickers off stuff without the hassle or leaving the paper/glue mess behind?

Comments

• edited 2011-12-11 12:52:34
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Depending on what it's on, some sort of solvent might do it.

I usually just deal with the amount of time it takes.
  • >mes
    >scrapping

So, uh.
  • Soaking the label in water will probably work, if what you've bought can be soaked in water without damaging it.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    I can't really do that for a book, which are the most common offenders of this sort of situation.
  • Maybe steam would work? But hmm, books might be too delicate. D;

I hate this too. I have really long nails though so I try to make the most of them.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    There's a bunch of things you can use.

Try nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol.

If that doesn't work, there's this stuff called Goo Gone that works great.
  • I'm always surprised that more people aren't irritated by these than they are.

My options are either to leave the stickers on the thing (which is stupid) or to try to peel it and have the mess left behind.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I am very experienced with the technique of slow peeling.

It is generally better than fast peeling.  You do have to take a long time to do it, and you have to pay close attention to when the sticker itself is peeling and avert that by "reattaching" it and "pulling it along".

When done right, it almost never leaves sticker residue, just glue residue or nothing at all.  The downside is that it takes quite a while--15 minutes for larger and more badly designed stickers, for example.  But at least you can watch where the glue residue is left and both try to minimize it as you're peeling it and know where it is after you're done peeling.

Oh, another downside is that if someone's sloppily peeled half the sticker before you, this technique becomes significantly more difficult, because it depends on the structural integrity of the sticker to provide force.
  • No rainbow star
    I like picking things :3

Which goes to the sticker residue :3

I can pick it completely clean and find the process fun :3
  • BeeBee
    edited 2011-12-12 04:03:32
    I thought this was going to be about hilariously misplaced price stickers.

More: http://www.happyplace.com/9969/products-with-unintentionally-vulgar-sticker-placements

• For some reason the first thing I noticed about that last one is that it's from Cub Foods. They pulled out of my area in 1997, selling the few stores they operated here to Kroger.