If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The lack of Emperors nowadays.

edited 2011-01-10 00:49:48 in General
Kamen Rider MADOKA
Heads of state are boring today! You've got elected presidents, presidents-for-life, dictators, kings, queens, and no Emperors. Well, except for Japan, but you get the idea.

When will we get our Empires back?

Comments

• EVERYONE GET THE FUCK OUT. I GOT THIS
    When someone revives zombie Napoleon.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Which one? The corporal or the nephew? :P
  • They're all figureheads nowadays anyway.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Yeah, and that bugs me more! When will we get Royals That Actually Do Something again?
  • I miss good ol' fashioned monarchies that actually were worth something.
  • edited 2011-01-10 01:03:58
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Where's Rott when you need him?

Speaking of which...

We need tropers:

• Sand
    • Rott
    • Silent Stranger
    • Chagen?
    • Shin

They would make things edgier...
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Exactly! I hearken back to the days of Enlightened Absolutism!

:P
  • Well Sand would be nice to have on board.

Back on topic, is there any benefit to having royals that do things? Isn't the appeal mainly a cosmetic one? The systems in place already server that purpose, at least.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Personally if royalty continues to be actively involved in military matters, I wouldn't mind. 
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Why don't we just give Obama a cape and a halo?

...he already thinks he's God, after all...
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    NO. He is not royalty.
  • edited 2011-01-10 01:33:30
    Pony Sleuth
    Why is everyone on Obama's case regarding delusions of power? He seems like a pretty level-headed guy, even if you disagree with how he's been handling things.

If anything, it's just the fans having unrealistic expectations.

Plus, he's the fucking POTUS.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    My biggest beef about Obama is him being not strong.

Something some absolute monarchs should have taught him. ;)
  • In order to have an Emperor we need Empire first. [CaptainObvious].
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Yeah, the lack of Empires sucks.

I'd think Putin would make a good one, though. XD
  • I'd rather not live n the Empire, thank you=)
  • edited 2011-01-10 12:27:28
    Loser
    I agree with Beholderess. I do not think that empires are generally good. I think the biggest problem with them is that rulers have authority over peoples they either do not know well enough or people who have little to no say over who is ruling them. I believe that emperors also have a lack of accountability and encourage harsh rules to stop possible violent rebellions against their rule. In my view, it is better for people to be governed by their own whenever possible.

I understand that I am rambling a bit, but another issue I have with emperors and empires is how they almost always have to use lethal force to claim new territories. Personally, I find those kinds of unnecessary conflicts rather revolting.