If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How difficult it is to get out when you have no immediate obligations.

edited 2011-12-09 16:10:15 in Meatspace
Pony Sleuth
Please tell me this is normal, because I'm starting to feel like I have some serious shut-in tendencies.

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Depends on what you mean by get out?

Do you go out shopping for food or everyday stuff?
    Or not at all?
  • edited 2011-12-09 16:13:12
    When you're a couch potato, you often make up excuses not to go outside and/or exercise. "Not having active obligations" is one of them.

It depends on the situation. If you just don't have any reason to leave the house. that's fine. But if you want to go outside but say, "nah, I have no active obligations," that's most likely trying to make excuses (subconsciously). 
  • They're somethin' else.
    know that feel. don't wanna know it.
  • By go out I mean leave my tiny apartment. I woke up nearly six hours ago and haven't left except to make myself breakfast in the shared kitchen. Sometimes there are days where I don't leave the building at all.

I'm heading out now, but typing it out like this makes it seem like a real problem.
  • Building up a routine where you go outside at some point everyday and where you get some social interaction is something everyone really has to do to stay sane. It gets a lot easier once you have a job because that's five days a week covered and you then just have to deal with weekends and holidays.

Shopping is also a great motivator for leaving the house, if you're the one who has to do it. The alternative is sitting around hungry in the dark because all your lightbulbs have failed.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Yeah, this. A few months each year I'll be socially active and healthy, then nothin'.
  • Couldn't you go volunteer for something?
  • I've thought about it, but I haven't really researched it yet.
  • Invite people over for dinner. Shopping for supplies gives you some sun/clouds. Cooking gives you some social activity without actually having to leave the house. If you don't feel like cooking, game/movie night gives pretty much the same premise.
  • My apartment is too small to have people over for anything. If I wanted to do stuff with friends, it'd be better to just hit a restaurant or bar or something.

It's fine to not have anything social to do this week, really. I've got finals to study for and chores to work on, and when I'm done I can visit family and friends for Christmas break.
  • >what is the plan: finals to study and chores to work on

>what will happen: procrastinate on EQD and IJBM all day

• If that's an attempt to help me with reverse psychology, nice effort.