If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

rape prevention ad pulled for missing the point.

edited 2011-12-09 12:27:35 in General
Feel The Wrath....
http://news.yahoo.com/pa-liquor-board-pulls-ad-heavy-drinking-rape-164139006.html

I have no words to say about other than what the fuck is wrong with advertisers.

Comments

• Well isn't the purpose of rape prevention to miss the point?

Ha-cha-cha...
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    That is a very badly planned out advert, it really does look to be putting a lot of the blame on the victim for drinking.
  • edited 2011-12-09 20:47:14
    Diet NEET
    >New rape thread
    Oh hi forum obsession. :3

"It's a deliberate act on the part of the rapist, a violation of another
    person committed solely because the rapist wanted to rape."

On the blame front, score. On the formulation front, bad. Obfuscates the fact that many a (borderline) rape happens precisely because the perpetrator is a person close to the victim who disassociates himself from the image of the rapist, mentally creating a delusion of consent for himself.

"See what could happen when your friends drink too much"

Great, finally something that dismisses the notion of stranger rape! *reads context* Oh, doh.

• "Oh hi forum obsession. :3"

I did not hit her. It's not true. It's bullshit. I did not hit her. I did not.

Oh hi, Insanity.

• edited 2011-12-09 20:52:19
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    So how's your rape sex life?
  • Dawn't tawch me, mawtherfucker.
  • You can change. You can.
    Oh hi, Insanity.

I love how, even if you had said "Addict", it'd still be hilarious.