If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The subjectivity of horror

edited 2011-03-14 16:53:42 in General
This thread makes me sad. I wonder if the people proposing - in all apparent seriousness - blurry screenshots from decades-old video games and anime and kids' cartoons have been exposed to many other works of fiction?

Comments

• Yeah, most of the stuff in that thread if pretty fail.  Maybe it's just because of perspective, or something?  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that stuff was pulled from actual TvTropes pages.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, I definitely knew what you were going to link to before I clicked on the thread. There are a lot of threads over on the left side that make me very sad.
  • edited 2012-07-22 18:29:50

• edited 2011-03-14 18:37:19
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Well, on Image Pickin', there's the thread linked in the OP and the original one for the trope "Better Than Sex" that got locked due to a flamewar on whether images should be allowed to include text. Even after Fast Eddie stepped in and said "the current image isn't great, but shouldn't be pulled until we have something  better," a couple of people kept arguing about whether that image should be pulled until the thread had to be locked.

Image Pickin' is serious business, apparently.
  • edited 2012-07-22 18:29:56

• a little muffled
    Fractals are not scary!
  • edited 2011-03-15 00:51:51
    But fractals remind people of math!

And everyone is terrified of math!
  • edited 2011-03-15 01:01:02
    Because you never know what you might see.
    Fractals are awesome, but they are pretty scary.  The mind-boggling levels of complexity found in many of them are hard for me to grasp.  It's like... gazing into infinity, I guess.

I made an IJBM about that once, on TV Tropes.  It didn't get many posts.
  • ^^ New kid, huh? I guess we're gonna have to beat the TVTropes markup out of ya...

(Wait, does this forum need schoolyard bullies? I don't think this forum needs schoolyard bullies.)
  • No, it doesn't. I hate bullies anyway.

Also I didn't read the whole thing, but I still found the Mortal Kombat screenshots kind of scary. I guess I should pore through it more, so I can comment further.
  • That's one of the Image Pickin's I haven't bothered to get involved with.