If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Is Saber Welsh, English or French?

edited 2011-12-07 23:38:30 in IJAM
One foot in front of the other, every day.

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I'm not sure how true it is, but the Roman-born noble thing sounds plausible.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    It really depends. If Arthur ever existed at all, that may be a plausible answer. If Arthur is entirely fictional, then his nationality could be defined by the interpretation of the tale. Although the French angle is a bit trolly, given that all interpretations paint him as Welsh or English (or both).
  • edited 2011-12-07 23:52:41
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^Given that it's implied that all heroes of old actually existed according to their legends, but at the same time it's implied that the heroes as Servants are influenced by popular interpretation as per how the Grail works...

This whole thing is a giant clusterfuck.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    It means less that they are shaped by the popular interpretation and more than the more variations the tale has, the more versions of the servant can be summoned, in the third war, the Saber (not the arturian one) was divided into two based on two differing accounts of his Legend, if you ask me which hero was it, I couldn't answe, for that war is just basic backstory for now/FSN fan
    The thing is, it cannot shape the Heroic Spirit into someone else, just into another variation, If the Heroic Spirt is a woman, there's nothing that can be done to change that.
  • Basically, things are vaguely as they are in the fiction, but changed so that TYPE-MOON can market fap material.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Saber is Japanese [trollface.jpg]
  • No rainbow star
    Wish the thread was saved. :< I thought this was about some anime character due to the wording. I then saw who the thread starter was when using my phone and felt stupid :<
    Interestingly, they've only made like four fap materials, and not very good materials either. The rest of that is: fuck all spin-offs!
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Surely based off of Arthurian lore she should be Sabre. :D
  • ^ The Servant class name comes from the grail war, not the legend.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    If people are reading TYPE-MOON works for the eroge, I'd recommend psychiatric evaluation. :P
  • edited 2011-12-09 14:06:59
    ^^^^^ It is (sort of) about an animu character, Saber from Fate/Stay Night.  It's just that Saber is a moe female version of Arthur, thus the question and arguments being based on Arthurian legend.