If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I may be too skinny for my own good.

edited 2011-03-14 14:16:32 in Meatspace
[tɕagɛn]
While putting on deodorant a few minutes ago, I noticed that I can see barely see my ribs through my skin, and I looked like I was starving or something similar.

This is....worrying. Especially since it's because of my computer addiction; I seriously spent so much time on my laptop that I ignored even eating just so I could stay on TvTropes for just a few more minutes....I need to eat more.

Comments

• Try hitting the gym.

Considering you like dudes, this should be all the more appealing to you.
  • My mom was thinking of doing that.
  • Dude... I can see my ribs. It's not a sign of starvation.
  • Oh dear, are your parents not feeding you enough? If you start blacking out, I can recommend some hotlines for you.
  • I'm far from skinny, but I can relate to the "too preoccupied with the computer to want to go eat" thing.

It's probably not healthy.
  • edited 2011-03-14 15:54:11
    Being able to see your ribs doesn't mean you're starving.

I can see my ribs.  I'm also perfectly healthy.  ...well, I think I'm right on the border of underweight/normal weight, but... in any case, I'm definitely not starving.

Oh, and I also do that thing where I don't eat because I'd rather be on the computer...

But anyway yeah, if being really skinny bothers you, go to the gym or something.
  • edited 2011-03-14 15:56:09
    I wouldn't eat back when I was hooked on TV Tropes. Don't do it.

EDIT: If you get hooked, baby, it's nobody else's fault, so don't do it!
  • Sammy: No, they provide me with plenty of food, but...must...have...more....TvTropes...
  • Can you eat and browse at the same time?
  • No, because that would require getting up from the computer to go get food.

Also I don't wanna get crumbs and crap in my laptop keyboard.
  • ^ Forget crumbs. I've ruined two keyboards by spilling shit on them.

I've extended my desk though, so I can eat away from my computer without actually going away from it.
  • edited 2011-03-14 17:06:16
    This post is dead.
  • edited 2011-03-14 16:29:58
    My brother once spilled milk on a keyboard of mine. 'Twas an Apple keyboard, too, and those aren't cheap.

Luckily, though, it wasn't actually my keyboard, it belonged to my school, so I just called and demanded they mail me another one.
  • 165 doesn't strike me as overweight for nearly six feet.
  • Can you eat and browse at the same time?
    That's crazy talk!
  • "I asked one of my friends to show me how to throw up the other night, I think I'm going to do it."

Never do this (unless you've ingested something toxic.) Do you want to talk about it? Why do you feel self-conscious? Do you think you look fat?

• You're very kind, but it probably isn't as serious as I'm making it sound.  Or at least my friends told me it wasn't serious, provided I did it in moderation.  To answer your questions: possibly, lots of reasons, and kind of, respectively.  BUT I've already said too much and this strikes me as a very inappropriate place to take my wangst, so I'll stop discussing the subject now.
  • I also have to recommend against it, sounds like developing anorexia, which is an actual condition as opposed to a state of mind
  • edited 2011-03-14 17:15:43
    Pony Sleuth
    Vomiting to control your weight is not a good idea at all. Moderation doesn't really make sense here.

Do not trust your friends to be expert dietitians. Do some research about what something like this actually does before ever considering it.
  • Or at least my friends told me it wasn't serious, provided I did it in moderation.
    Less bad is still pretty bad. Even if you were very unhealthily obese, vomiting is never a good choice.
  • Wow, if I'd known it would get such a reaction, I wouldn't have said anything in the first place.  Alright, I'll promise not to go bulimic if my doing so would worry you that much.  Um, thanks!  Now please, pay me no more mind and go back to your regularly scheduled discussion.  -inches out of room, embarrassed- 
  • If you're considering doing something like that and it's possible for us to discourage you from doing so, I'd rather you not hesitate to mention it.
  • It's good of you to care, but I'd prefer not too feel like I've completely derailed this thread by talking about my personal issues.
  • The important thing here is you don't do something stupid. Not whether or not a thread is derailed.
  • Look at the OP, there was nowhere else for the thread to go.
  • edited 2012-07-22 18:26:59

• Somewhere around 5 feet 9 inches....

Weight is...um, somewhere around 125.

15 years old.
  • edited 2012-07-22 18:27:08

• Hah!  I'm an inch taller than Chagen!

And four years older
  • These are estimates. I haven't actually measured or weighed myself in like 6 years.