If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My site design

edited 2011-12-07 20:18:49 in Webspace
So I never bothered to learn much about html until recently, when I realized that using a shitty yahoo sitebuilding tool made my layouts hopelessly fucked up for a majority of people other than me.

Now that I've started writing and uploading things in raw html though, I find that they're STILL fucked up. My disqus threads are breaking my width settings and all sorts of things and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong because I don't even actually understand the html codes I'm using...I just copy/paste things that worked before, and have no idea what actually made them work or what all those little codes mean.

Now I'm trying to start all over with wordpress but I can't figure that out for the life of me either. I desperately, desperately need someone or other who knows html to look and tell me what I'm screwing up so badly :(

Can you believe I'm this clueless and have run and updated a website for ten years?
I hate web design, I really do, I hate every single thing about how needlessly complicated every form of it is.

Comments

• Web page design is a pain in the ass no matter how much you know about it. Sadly I don't know enough about html to help.
  • No rainbow star
    I know enough to break things. Is that good enough? :D?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I know very, very basic HTML.
  • I work backwards from other people's source code <:(

Is wordpress really worth it, if anyone's in the know? I'm already not a fan of the rigidity - not being to TOTALLY control your page url's like you can a good old filename - and how do I know it won't be abandoned in a few more years?! D: