If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mitch McConnell during the debate over the payroll tax extension: "Washington is getting richer"

edited 2011-12-01 19:09:27 in Politics
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
You're either stupid or lying out of your ass, Mitch.  There's a big ass deficit and it ain't getting smaller anytime soon.

Comments

• What if he's referring to the politicians themselves?

From the sound of your post, I guess not.
  • edited 2011-12-01 19:20:23
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    He was talking about his proposal to cut federal government expenditures to pay for the payroll tax.  He says that will reduce the Washington bureaucracy or whatever.  So he's basically saying or implying that there are lazy bureaucrats who are unfairly pocketing taxpayer money.

Here's the full transcript of his remarks.  He then goes off on a tangent on the Keystone XL turtle fence pipeline.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    This is probably a more informative piece, since I'm not having much luck finding this quote itself on the web.  (There are like two sources; the article I linked earlier and the Senate Republicans' own page with a transcript.)

Warning: Opinion piece.  Then again, you're in a politics thread; this should not need a warning.