If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Internet is The Mafia without violence (or expensive tailoring)...

edited 2011-11-25 14:00:10 in General

"Murder Banning was the only way everyone stayed in line. It was the ultimate weapon. Nobody was immune. You got out of line, you got whacked. Everyone knew the rules, but still people got out of line and people kept getting whacked...The guy I used to go cashing counterfeit twenties with trolling Youtube comments with when I was a kid, his own son was killed banned because the kid wouldn't stop holding up local card games and bookmakers  making mean jokes about other posters. The kid was warned a hundred times...But the kid apparently couldn't believe he would ever get killed banned. The dead socially excluded ones never did. He couldn't believe it until the end when he got two, close range, in the heart a sternly-worded PM from a mod. That was out of respect..."

The (unamended) quote's from ex-gangster Henry Hill, in the book that was filmed as Goodfellas, by the way. It seems to about sum up the way it all works.

Comments

• Great. Now I can't read posts in anything other than an Italian accent. Thanks.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
  • That's an...interesting comparison.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I like to think of the mods as Judge Dredd.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ Is that a good thing or a bad thing? /comic book illiterate
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I AM THE LAW
  • edited 2011-11-25 15:14:18
    I like to think of mods as Inquisitor Glokta from The First Law. Get on the Inquisition's mods bad side, and you'll be tortured mocked by the community and banished from the site banished to a prison camp.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ Are you calling me a cripple? >:/
  • I'm surprised you actually know who he is.

And yes, all mods are crippled, demented broken excuses of men.
  • You can change. You can.
    Judge Dredd is some Dirty Harry knockoff, but with more fascist overtones.

Guise, I think Malk's dissing you~
  • edited 2011-11-25 15:19:51
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Judge Dredd is a hard-nosed facist cop who is heroic mostly due to terrible situation in Mega City one. The comic was a satire on the alarmist nature of Margaret Thatcher Britain.

Also, I was joking.
  • edited 2011-11-25 15:18:45
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^ I've read the first one, but I have yet to acquire the next two, nor do I care to add two more books to my list at the moment.

^ Yeah, I know. Just havin' mah fun. I sorta know who Judge Dredd is.
  • I think of mods as Roman statesmen, particularly the psychotic Caligula types.
  • ^^ Ah.

^ Now all the mods need to do is appoint a horse to the council.
    Also, I was joking.

Lies, arrest him. >:|

Or ban him, whatever.
  • Mods also remind me of the guards from Oblivion.

Do something incredibly minor: STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Which mods are we talking about here? Because I'm perfectly fine with the moderation here.
  • edited 2011-11-25 16:01:56
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE HIVEMIND OF JUSTICE.

^ Yeah. I'm relatively happy with the mods here.
  • edited 2011-11-25 16:02:46
    HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT! etc...
  • ^^^ ALL MODS ARE THE SAME 

I do like the mods here. I'm just generally referring to many mods.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I dig the mods. I just like to bust chops. It's a thing of mine.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, the mods here are bros.
    Lies, he's planning to kill you.

Ban him >:|
  • I like to think of mods as Ron Paul because neither will ever have a real position of authority.
  • edited 2011-11-25 18:07:11
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ /thread

Ironically enough, multiple people have told me that I should be a public speaker. I find this notion sidesplitting.
  • ^ I've managed to do public speaking in my time, and I wouldn't claim to be very confident or outgoing. It's basically about knowing your material; it's not a charisma competition, although a couple of decent jokes will help.

I occasionally read 2000 AD as a kid. I missed the irony and assumed it was by rabidly right-wing Americans who hated Communism.