If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Now the Republicans themselves are out to stop Romney.

edited 2011-11-24 10:27:33 in Politics
So apparently the social conservative branch of the party is now conducting clandestine meetings to find a way to stop Romney from getting nominated because he isnt hawkish enough about banning gay marriage and abortion..

Observe.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/23/politics/secret-romney-meeting/index.html

Comments

• Is this even notable news?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What about Newt Gingrich?
  • edited 2011-11-24 11:31:52
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Why couldn't they go after any of the other Republican candidates? Oh, wait . . .

Actually, I think I like Ron Paul best, but I feel like Obama would have probably done well enough if Congress in-fighting didn't shut almost everything down.

Is there anything wrong with Ron Paul that I should know about (besides the fact that he has no chance of winning)?
  • apparently Gingrich is one of the four Iowa social conservatives are debating backing in an attempt to oust romney. Along with bachman, Cain, and Santorum.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Ron Paul wants to go back on the gold standard, which would be a disaster for the economy. also he's a libertarian and seriously fuck that shit.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Wait, why would it be a disaster? I know that currently the economy is intertwined with the US Dollar, but it's that bad?
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Simply put we don't have the gold to support the dollar as is.
  • ^ He seriously believes that? He's crazy. No modern country has the gold resources to support its currency. I really hope you guys don't vote in these Republican presidential candidates. They're a couple of steps ahead of the men in white coats.

Say what you like about Eisenhower, Nixon or Ford - at least they weren't loonies.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "Ron Paul wants to go back on the gold standard"

Oh. Oooh.

Damn. Looks like I'm voting for Obama, then.
  • >implying he would get the nomination in the first place
  • right now the nomination for the republicans is pretty much Romney unless he either flubs majorly or the social conservatives somehow outshout the rest of the party...but given their current ideas for a backup theyd basically be handing obama the election just to satisfy their quest for ideological purity.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I suppose Obama v. Romney is a matchup that wouldn't make me ashamed of my country. Here's hoping.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    If Romney loses the Republican nomination then it's Obama in a walk.
  • It would be ironic if the same "take no prisoners and never admit the liberals can occasionally be right" strategy hands the presidency to Obama.