If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Charlatan

edited 2011-11-22 12:51:07 in General
Or rather, why keep the Troper pages for defunct Tropers up? Takes up space and implies they're still editing or still participate in the forums, which they don't.

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Well, for the same reason that people don't know right away when people have been banned
  • When are you a defunct troper though, leaving aside the obvious permabans? People often come back after a while not editing/posting. They might even start a new account but want to keep the old page.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    -is a defunct troper who was not permabanned-
    People like Charlatan, English Ivy aand SunshineWerewolf have nuked their accounts in order to make a statement against the current state of affairs.

Not like it matters much as aanyone who nukes their accounts is pretty much asking for people to impersonate them.
  • Plus, I remember him PMing someone else he was leaving and didn't want to make a big spectacle out of it. Pretty sure that's dem quits, ie not coming back.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "People like Charlatan, English Ivy aand SunshineWerewolf have nuked their accounts in order to make a statement against the current state of affairs"

Don't forget meeee!

. . . Okay, so I left after I realized how bad it was, but I'm keeping it nuked.

Sunny left? Good for him.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I nuked my account, but then I unnuked it when I realized that that was worse than just leaving it abandoned.

Still utterly done with the site, though.
  • edited 2011-11-22 17:04:56
    I've been tempted for a while to nuke my troper page. I still post on the Video Games forum occasionally though, mostly TF2 stuff, so I wouldn't feel right removing my profile until I stop all activity on the forums.
  • After a few months, I for one decided to put a RETIRED notice on my user page. I don't know; someone might be able to make use of that contributions list. (now if only my liveblogs didn't get lost in the abyss; I could have spared souls from Atlas Shrugged).
    I'd still recommend you just login as usual so you don't get any twits going and using the name "Everest" to express their desire for massive genocide against the people of every race that isn't "Nerd"

oh, and yes, Sunny left. Funnily enough and unlike most people,because of the constant "TvT is baaaaaaaaad" talk.
  • Not like it matters much as aanyone who nukes their accounts is pretty much asking for people to impersonate them.

In fairness I don't think the account nuker's real function, or lack thereof, was public knowledge at the time EI and Charlatan did that.

• edited 2011-11-22 17:10:46
    You can change. You can.
    From what I understand (IE: What Tzetze has told me), the account nuker is and has always been just to delete accounts from your sockpuppet list, and not an autoban button. And this was made clear from the begiinning.

I do think that the wording in the actual application page for a sockpuppet deletion is misleading enough for anyone who wasn't there for the sockpuppe killer original creation.
  • Yep. the sockpuppet was originally presented explicitly to get around the then-big-news ten sockpuppet limit and no more. If memory serves, people also talked about using it to leave their unused sockpuppets up for takes. I believe Charlatan was heavily active then, so he likely knew.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I'm pretty sure that Sunshine Werewolf left because of school, not as a protest.

shame, anyway. that guy as great...
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    . . . Wait, I didn't entirely nuke the account. I became Known again so I could delete my Troper page, and I haven't really done anything with it since then.
  • "If memory serves, people also talked about using it to leave their unused sockpuppets up for takes."

Well, in that case, I've got some sockpuppets to free up.

Sunny's case was complicated, and it did involve not feeling comfortable with the site, but school was the main cause.

He's rather ambiguous about it.
  • I have a sockpuppet account I use to impersonate a popular writer. Some people really think it's that person, which is pretty funny to me.
  • We also have to keep in mind that the use of Charlie as an example of someone who doesn't need his troper page anymore because he is definitely never coming back ever is pretty hilarious given his past rage-quitting history.