If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I never let go of grudges

edited 2011-11-22 03:11:49 in General
Or rather, I at least never forget them. e_e

I should not still be thinking about that girl from back when I was in preschool who wouldn't ever let me use the shiny blue Mancala pebble.

On the other hand, I also never stop feeling guilty about bad things I've done or ways I've wronged people.

~navelgazing~

Comments

• They're somethin' else.
    That's why I'm afraid of taking up positions in education XD
  • It's so weird that I don't have that problem at the daycare, but I guess part of it is that the focus is completely on the kids.

I was worried I'd have a pottymouth around them on accident but I've never slipped up once, even though in usual company I'm a little sailor. XD
  • They're somethin' else.
    Seeing your pictures, I couldn't imagine it XD
  • I'm even worse playing games by myself. XD

But I'm only so comfortable around really good friends, though initially when we get to that stage and they first hear me swear it's like OMGWTFBBQ for the first couple times. n/////n;;
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Grudges are too energy-intensive. Forgiveness is easier and people will think you're being nice rather than just lazy.
  • I don't really care about individual grudges, but most of the rage at being pestered, intimidated or passed by has fed into an abstract grudge against such behaviour. Didn't really release how far that went until I was nose-against-nose with someone displaying such behaviour after a particular stressful day, hoping to provoke a fight.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    I have a capacity for holding grudges, too, but the grudges are generally petty enough that I don't put too much energy towards them.
  • I'm generally pretty easy-going and don't hold grudges.

I think the one exception might be my former best friend, but I still doubt he knows what he did wrong.
  • edited 2011-11-22 11:23:14
    You can change. You can.
    I swear, gelzo, I didn't know you liked dudes!

Please forgive me? :<
  • Only if you fuck me.
  • You can change. You can.
    And then, Juan and Gelzo were never friends again.
  • edited 2011-11-22 11:56:01
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    wrong thread, lol
  • I don't hold a lot of grudges. Realistically, what are you going to do to your "enemy", kill them or something? Just mentioning it shows how crazy it is. In my experience, they may end up getting some kind of payback anyway just through carrying on behaving badly, and you'll probably eventually get over whatever it was they did anyway. 
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    The best vengeance is living well.
    Nono

The best vengeance is when you shit in someone's bed.

Or when you make your dog do it.
  • ^ ...Ooh, I'm soooo tempted to say it right now...

*clamps hands over mouth*
  • Yes, but shitting on someone's lunch - that's even better vengeance.
  • edited 2011-11-23 09:35:35
    I also never stop feeling guilty about bad things I've done or ways I've wronged people.

That feel...
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I forgive grudges way too easily. Hell, if I'd just say "fuck it, this guy is an asshole and I won't have anything to do with him anymore" more often (and stay with it), I'd have actually fewer of them and spare me a lot of unnecessary rage.

It's like this not just with people.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I'm even more forgiving than that D:

I've only ever had one grudge... And then ended up being friends with the guy

People who bullied me in elementary/junior high? Friends

Assholes? Friends

I'm just way too easy to befriend
    How are you defining friends here?
  • No rainbow star
    People I'm friendly with and hung out with at times
  • Grudges require way too much emotional investment and, like... thought.  Much easier to not give a shit.
  • a little muffled
    The problem with trying to get rid of Grudges is that they have flashback.

I don't really have a problem with holding grudges, but that second bit, oh god. I still feel so bad for breaking this one girl's calculator in grade 4...
  • But I don't want to let go of my grudge. It's precious to me:

I don't wanna let go of it.

• I used to measure my grudges in half-lives. Then I realized that was unhealthy. Now I reserve them for special cases.
     I still feel so bad for breaking this one girl's calculator in grade 4...

I kknow it didn't happen like this, but my mental image of the event is:

>Girl is using calculator going all "la la la la"
    >FUCKING PLANT ZOMBIE comes out of nowhere
    >Takes calculator from her hands
    >Breaks it
    >Says: "NYKTOS, FUCK YEAH"

for some reason

you needed to know that, btw
  • ^^^^Figures I wasn't the only person thinking that.
  • Appropriate quote from Morrissey - "I hold more grudges than lonely High Court judges."

And that was written before one of said judges ruled against him in a case brought by The Smiths ex-bass player.

• a little muffled
    @Juan_Carlos: That is far too close to the truth.