If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Drinkify

edited 2011-11-17 23:24:59 in IJAM
No rainbow star
Finally a site that tells you what drink you should have with a band/musician you're listening to!

Managed to stump it with the composer for the music in Pokemon Black/White, so no, it doesn't just come up with random stuff (or, well, the stuff it suggests isn't randomized at least)

...It suggested I drink 6 oz. of cocaine when listening to Patrick Wolf. Considering his lyrics, I'm inclined to agree

Comments

• edited 2011-11-17 23:29:11
    You can change. You can.
    Already had seen this

It does come up with (not) random stuff from a really pool from musicians, though. It just categorizes the drinks per genre and other criteria I'm not quite familiar with. (All the blues artists get rum and/or whiskey mixed in. Always)
  • No rainbow star
    Huh. It even has FreddeGredde and Disasterpiece

...Well I still stumped it once!
  • You can change. You can.
    The thing even has internation music. And video game too.
  • edited 2011-11-17 23:42:30
    No rainbow star
    Yet it is missing the composer for Pokemon Black and White

I am disappoint

EDIT: And another composer for Pokemon not recognized!

:<
  • > Houkago Tea Time

> 12 oz. White whine
    > 12 oz. Sweetened lime juice
    > Combine in highball glass and serve.

> Not tea.

There is clearly something wrong with this.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Needs more sweetened lime juice?
    Geez, DYRE, want some cheese with that whine? ;p
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    6 oz. LSD.

O.o
    Yeah, it uses drugs. A lot.
  • It suggested 10 oz. of LSD to go with Iron Maiden. >.>

10 oz. Armagnac to go with Nobuo Uematsu...huh.

2 oz. Vodka, 2 oz. Club-Mate, 1 bottle Cream for Noriyuki Iwadare...needs more coffee.
  • > 12 oz. White whine
    > White whine

I really hope this was intentional.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    It would be a lot better if it were less random and had more structure as well as removing the pointless 'glass of drugs' drinks.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I agree. And some don't really make sense. LSD for Iron Maiden? Bitch, please, Iron Maiden is beer music. I was also disappointed that they didn't suggest mead for Amon Amarth, which I would find amusing despite how obvious it is.
  • How is it that Iron Maiden is LSD music but neither Black Sabbath or Ozzy Osbourne have anything illegal..?

Also, it just hit me how horrible the combination it recommends drinking when listening to Noriyuki Iwadare is...
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    For some reason I keep on hearing this word pronounced like this: http://vocaroo.com/?media=vPfwViJdONHdrF2Je

This is due to Mario Teaches Typing 2, which includes such lines as these.