If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Regedit

edited 2011-11-17 19:34:54 in IJAM
No rainbow star
Thanks to it, I am now able to turn off auto arrange in folders on my laptop

...Although the libraries and the folders themselves end up having different orders...

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I love regedit.
  • Good people don't end up here.
    What is regedit?
  • Regedit is one of the most powerful tools that comes with windows. It's the general purpose registry editor allowing the user to change almost any windows setting and the settings of other programs.
    How do I access it?
  • A warning, the registry can be a confusing place but here you go.
    All versions
    Go to start, go to run,type in regedit.exe and hit enter.

Windows vista and 7
    Hit start, type regedit in the search bar. It is the first thing that comes up.
    Thanks.

...'confusing' sounds about right.
    FYI: Windows key + R = Run.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

The Windows Registry seems like a useful tool, but I have no idea how to navigate it.

seriously it's like picked the most obtuse value and folder names possible and just threw them randomly around.

I only love regedit when I am aided by another source telling me what to dick around with.