If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I keep thinking

edited 2011-11-17 14:13:44 in Wonderful posts
Pony Sleuth
Which makes it very hard for me to vote Republican.

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Now this is a proper snowclone.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    If we can make this a legitimate (and civil. Don't forget the civil part) discussion, cool.

I'm going to delete any further snowclones, though.
  • Why do people vote Republican anyway?
  • The propaganda machine fueled by the wealthy?
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    They agree with their ideals
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Because they agree with their policies?
  • You can change. You can.
    [Juan post]
  • edited 2011-11-17 14:24:17
    Pony Sleuth
    I should stress that I in no way intended for this to be a serious discussion, but if you guys want to make it serious that's fine.

^[Two posts]
  •  All of the above, probably. But the most significant factor in the past few decades is that millions of evangelical Christians have decided that God is a Republican. 
  • A lot of people agree with the economical positions, which is a messy situation. It's not as easy to argue as social positions. 
  • A lot of people agree with the economical positions, which is a messy situation. It's not as easy to argue as social positions.

For me, my #1 issue is I want to avoid the whole world except China and Iran becoming Greece.  I think the odds are already against us.  I dislike right - wing extremists just as much as the average "anybody but the Republicans" voter, but I'd rather make a deal with the devil than give up.

As far as the social positions, I do sympathize with people that worry about issues like sanctity of life and zero tolerance policies getting out of hand, which also are (sometimes) Republican issues.

• Good people don't end up here.
    Because they see them as preferable to the alternative?
  • I'm no economist, but I think the Republican party is a lot less likely to have the best interests of those who aren't part of the upper class in mind.

And historically, I think the economy has been in better shape under Democratic leadership. Things were pretty good when Clinton was president, and Bush ran a huge deficit.