If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Another fucking sword thread, incl. video documentary.

edited 2011-11-17 11:54:38 in IJAM
One foot in front of the other, every day.
Clicky.

Currently watching this, which is about weapons that shaped England. This is the first of five in a series, and it begins with the sword. I've only seen the first part, but so far it's accurate. I had to post, it, however, when I viewed 3:35. Check out how spry that guy is for his age, and how well he transitions his grip. It's really, really good to see a presenter who isn't just that, but someone with hands-on knowledge of his this kind of thing was actually done. Plus, it was unexpected and funny. Such intensity!

Yeah, I'll be watching all of these.

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Part 6 has just blown my mind. So they've got horses trained not to panic when they approach other objects, and not to panic when weapons clash. They use this to their advantage, showing us not only striking techniques from horseback, but also instantaneous disarms whilst riding past an adversary, both with one's own sword and when unarmed.

I knew such techniques existed, but to see them in action? It makes me giddy. Now I wish I knew how to ride, and that I had a horse that would suffer the sounds of combat.