If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My mom and her boyfriend calling me a furry on Facebook

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ...Well, are you?

*Covers head to prevent blunt force trauma*
  • edited 2011-11-17 10:50:01
    Has friends besides tanks now
    >Waltzy
    >tiger outfit

My head just cutesploded.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >...Well, are you?
  • Define "furry". From what I know, it seems to cover a range of things from people who like Sonic the Hedgehog a lot to people who think they have the spirit of a wolf within them and act...a bit funny.

If it's any consolation, I suspect 99% of HR managers wouldn't have the faintest idea what a furry is. And the rest probably are furries. They'd see the tiger suit and just think "Lol, teenagers" or something.

• >...Well, are you?

Nope, not that I have anything against them though. It's just not my bag. XD
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ The ones you said think they are animals in human bodies are otherkin. Not all furries are otherkin and not all otherkin are furries (apparently some think they are Naruto stuck in a normal body or something. I only know of these people from tales though)
  • Tell her employers check Facebook pages and she might actually be screwing you out of a job by posting embarrassing stuff on your wall.  Just because employers shouldn't care about that kind of thing doesn't mean they don't.
  • Ohhh my gossssh that's exactly what I keep warning her about for her own page. XD She hasn't worked in over two years and I'm pretty sure the fact that her wall is covered with "wooo I just had awesome hot sweaty sex" and pictures of the sex toys they used and "artistic" nude pictures of herself has something to do with it. e_e;;;
  • edited 2011-11-17 14:21:13
    Oh dear God. I'm sorry, but your mother is really . . . goddamn, that's disgusting.

And then she goes and puts potentially-incriminating posts on your wall? I would say she's got the maturity of a four year old, but that would be an insult to those adorable little kids you work with at the day care.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    >mfw when I only have Tuenti

Don't judge me... is what all my friends have
  • I always feel like I'm the parent and she's the kid. @_@ Just checking her wall right now lead to the discovery of some plans for a dirty Wii Mario Kart night.

...How do you even-? D; IS NOTHING SACRED.

Remind me not to play when I visit them for Thanksgiving, I don't wanna know what they used the controllers for. DX
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    DON'T TOUCH THE WII REMOTES
  • For someone who's probably older than me, I'm afraid that is really immature. You can't put everything up in public view. It's pathetic when a child feels like they have to parent their parent.

• Yeah, she's 43. One would think she knows better.

When I do try to bring it up with her she's like, "No one's making you look".

• Has friends besides tanks now
    And I have a feeling you've already tried telling her "but those potential employers are going to look anyway" and it didn't work.
  • Bullseye.

OTLLLLL
  • They're somethin' else.
    I'd like to say "don't give your FB email to your employers"

But your name is rather unique, sooooooo
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Isn't there a sort of Facebook for business type thing going around? You can give them that.
  • edited 2011-11-17 15:31:08
    All this talk of looking good to employers on Facebook makes me laugh because I'm more vulgar around my supervisor than I am on Facebook (which is to say that *GASP* I've actually cussed in his presence, and he in mine). The fact that I'm Facebook friends with my mom is kinda the reason for that, though.
  • The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

> Isn't there a sort of Facebook for business type thing going around?

This is exactly what LinkedIn is for

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What is this tumblr thing you speak of

I still haven't used tumblr, reddit, or digg.  I don't know what that says about me.

I do have a twitter account.  Dunno what to do with it yet.
  • edited 2012-07-22 17:30:18

• No rainbow star
    Just looked at Waltzy's facebook

Head asplode from cuteness overload
  • They're somethin' else.
    BURAKU BARDU

ADD MEH
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    More people! Add me too! So far I only have Waltzy (adorable picture, by the way), Forzare, Schitzo, and Juan. And Sunshine Werewolf, but he's not an IJBMer, so I don't really count him.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I'd tell you mine but I never use it

I use Google+ more (although it doesn't get much use either)
  • edited 2012-07-22 17:30:11

• edited 2011-11-17 20:06:40
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
  • "I'd like to say "don't give your FB email to your employers""

All they need is your name and general residential area.  If your profile is visible they'll find it -- it's not exactly PI material.