If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM Light music club

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I would be there, except I'm in Maine and our internet sucks.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    In.

Now, you guys.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    okay lol
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "I'm in Maine"

:O

"Maine sucks"

Fixed.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Isn't Maine the state in New England with the largest amount of nothing per unit interesting?

I think the second is probably Connecticut.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Probably.

I do like it here. Might be have something to do with the fact that I'm only up here a few days-a week out of every month, though.
  • edited 2011-11-26 10:04:28
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "Isn't Maine the state in New England with the largest amount of nothing per unit interesting?"

Yuuuuuup.

"I do like it here. Might be have something to do with the fact that I'm only up here a few days-a week out of every month, though."

Probably. Same with Boston; I liked being in Boston for a few days, but if I had to live there like my stepbro is (speaking of, we're heading down to visit him tomorrow), I might quite miss Maine.

. . . Ah, who am I kidding? The only things I'll miss when I head to college are friends/family and the shockingly low girls:hot girls ratio at my school.
  • edited 2011-11-26 11:13:35
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Wait, which state do you usually live in, Everest?

> shockingly low girls:hot girls ratio at my school.

Doesn't that mean there are a lot of hot girls?
  • edited 2011-11-26 11:15:45
    ^ Hence why it's one of the things I would miss. I thought "shockingly high hot girls:girls ratio" would be more awkward for some reason.

And I live in Maine pretty much all the time. Vacations out-of-state don't generally last longer than a week, so I can't really say I've ever lived somewhere else.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Just curious why you phrased it that way; I would have expected someone to phrase it more intuitively as "shockingly high hot girls : girls ratio", since that puts the "variable" first and the "constant" second.
    Longest I've ever been up here at a time was a month.
    "Just curious why you phrased it that way; I would have expected someone to phrase it more intuitively as "shockingly high hot girls : girls ratio", since that puts the "variable" first and the "constant" second."

I didn't know ratios had to be so specific.
    This thread's discussion got really bizarre back there.

Especially given how the LMC thread was not discussing the LMC, nor was anyone in Mumu at the time. <_<
  • edited 2011-11-26 11:30:24
    Maine: Been there for about two days and a night, for tourism.

New Hampshire: Been there for about a week for a pre-orientation camp.

Vermont: Been there for about a few hours, passing through on the highway.

^^, ^: Useful for bumping thread.
    Out of curiosity, Forz, where are you in Maine?
    In Harrison. We have a cottage sitting right on Long Lake.
    Never heard of it. Not that far from South Portland from the looks of it, though.
    Yeah, most people don't seem to have heard about it. :V

It's right next to Sebago Lake. More people seem to know that one.
    Aaaaah. Yeah, I know what Sebago Lake is. It's either forty minutes or an hour from where I am.

I should totally pop over to your cottage so we can hang out.
    We totally should.

Not this time, though. I've got plans with my family for the rest of today (sitting in the theater, waiting for Muppets, fuck yeah), and we're leaving early tomorrow so my sister can make her volleyball tryouts.

I'm be up again the day after Christmas through the day after New Years, though. Maybe then.
  • edited 2011-11-26 12:39:39
    Yeah. I want to get into Skyrim today, and I should probably start a project I forgot about over vacation. And practice clarinet, since I have yet to do that, either, since I did the All-State Music Festival audition.

I'll bring it up to my parents for next time, though.

EDIT: I've confirmed that we can hang out next time. It's just a matter of working around my swim practices.
  • Hm...  I don't think I ever have or will in the future use the word "hot" to describe a girl.  It seems like a weird thing to say, plus it seems to have somewhat specific implications beyond just being attractive, or something...

I dunno.

In any case, I agree that was a weird way to state that ratio.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    >I don't think I ever have or will in the future use the word "hot" to describe a girl.
    What if they are of a very high temperature.
  • Then they're really warm?

Hm... I wonder...

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    But there must be a in-between between 'warm' and 'actually on fire'.
  • "Figuratively on fire"?
  • You can change. You can.
    Party at the music club. Bring your beer and stuff.
  • edited 2011-11-26 20:55:06
    I don't like the term "hot" to describe attractiveness either.  If you told me about an unknown female human to and told me said human is "hot", I would have as my mental image something along the lines of a Hooters waitress, an image I don't consider to be appealing.

That said, I do admit to sometimes using the term "hot" to refer to a woman I find attractive, partly out of it filtering from use by others into my vocabulary.

----

^ I'm downstairs and next to my parents; that course of action, while enjoyable, is unfortunately not available to me at the moment.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    People comin' in? 

pweese?
    I'm in, if anyone's around.