If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This animated gif.

edited 2011-11-07 18:51:53 in IJAM
I stand on Grendel's shoulders

Actually, The Road to El Dorado in general.

Such a great and wonderful movie. Everybody should watch it.

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I friggin' love that movie.
  • I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    I watched it with my friends a few days ago. I forgot how much I loved it.

I've been obsessing over it for the past couple of days.
  • I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    Oh snap I just remembered Prince of Egypt just arrived.

I've been waiting to watch that.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I love Prince of Egypt too.

I watched both of those movies so many times when I was a kid. Still have them on VHS.
  • a little muffled
    Loved that movie as a kid. Haven't seen it in years.
  • Road to Eldorado was one of many things (in all media basically) that came out when I was a kid...that I ignored because I was too busy relying entirely on books and my imagination. I should see it I guess.

Prince of Egypt, on the other hand, we were shown in Hebrew School as a time-filler while we were being taken out and quizzed on something one at a time. I really liked it, and watched it one or two more times on video back then...and then forgot about it for years. I was prompted to go poking around last year on Youtube because I remembered being so floored by even just the beginning.

So that was basically all I looked into. I absolutely love "Deliver Us", IMO one of the better openings of all things animated and musical that I am familiar with, which is admittedly somewhat limited. (As in, I still haven't seen a lot of the Disney movies properly.)

I'd watch Prince of Egypt with a certain friend of mine from back home when we get the time, especially if it's Bluray. And I'd watch the subject of this thread too. 
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Man, remember when Dreamworks didn't suck guys?
  • Ah, those were the days...except of course, at least half of everyone who encountered the movies blindly assumed they were Disney. We've got a trope for that, I think...
  • That movie was best and it should feel best.
  • No rainbow star
    And now I remember Iron Giant
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Iron Giant wasn't Dreamworks,was it?
  • No rainbow star
    I don't remember. It's just all this talk of movies reminded me of Iron Giant
  • Never saw Iron Giant either, though it was one of my best friend's favorite movies. I want to see that now too. That's the work of Brad Bird, right? I never heard of him until Incredibles...
  • No rainbow star
    I know that people say it is a tear jerker for even tough guys, but I don't remember ever shedding a tear watching it or even feeling sad
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-08 16:54:21
    ...Me neither...

It had a happy ending, for pete's sake.

It did introduce me to chloroform and chocolax though.

I was very confused.
  • edited 2011-11-08 17:44:04
    Never watched it. I liked Prince of Egypt, so I'll rent it after I finish my WWII movie binge. 
  • edited 2011-11-08 17:50:09
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    SUUUPERRRMAAAAAN.

I love that movie too.