If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I just named a character in Disgaea 4 "Everyone Get Naked".

edited 2011-11-05 21:16:30 in Wonderful posts
[tɕagɛn]
I am a ridiculously immature jackfuck. What's worse is that I was madly giggling the whole time. Ironically, this is not that that wierd of a name for this game (I've seen enemies named "Buy One Get One", "Life Sucks", and "8x11 Printer Paper". There's literally hundreds of more names like this in-game)

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3780-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-3D

Yahtzee named Link "fuck me" once, leading to the line "Fuck me, it's cold in here!"
  • "Everyone Get Naked"

-- 18 characters

Well now, that's what you call modern.

• That's actually the max the game allows.

I had cut it down from "Everybody Get Naked".
  • edited 2011-11-05 21:33:45
    Still, I remember back when the character limit was 6 or 9.
  • >that feel when you realize the character limit won't accept "Everypony Get Naked"

I named Link "Master" once. It was interesting seeing his superiors and those treating him with disdain calling him that.
  • You can change. You can.
    >that feel when you realize the character limit won't accept "Everypony Get Naked"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44745957/Image reactions/I don't even know this kid.jpg">

because every thread needs pony hatred, hurr durr

with that out of the way, i never named characters with funny names. never saw the appeal.
  • $80+ per session
    What Juan said. I almost always go with names that fit the setting, or the feel I want for them. Sometimes the names of people I know off and online.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    i just use the default names
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I usually just use Ben because I'm a lazy fuck.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    You could have done better.

You could have named one character "Open the door", one character "Get on the floor", and one character "Everybody walk the dinosaur".
  • I like naming Link "I say" sometimes, so everyone sounds like Foghorn Leghorn.

Also way back in the day, I named Steiner from FFIX "Dorkpoo".

dat age where you're old enough to make potty jokes but still afraid of getting in trouble for swears.
  • "dat age where you're old enough to make potty jokes but still afraid of getting in trouble for swears."

Lolyeah, I was gonna name a Prinny "Copulate the Constable" but I didn't couldn't name him that anyway.

I just ended up naming him "Bitches 'n' Ho's".
  • No rainbow star
    This reminds me. I never named my rival in Pokemon anything such as dicks. Always a real name/Hikari (I'm not sure if Hikari is a name in Japan. I've seen it in some games but it could be like Cloud in FFVII)
    I'm pretty sure it is.  FWIW it means "light" i think.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ It meaning light was exactly why I wasn't sure
  • English names like Patience and Chastity exist, so I don't see how that's odd.
    I think such names happen more often in east Asian languages because they string their names together based on existing words anyway.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ However words like Apple aren't (supposed to be) real names in English, which muddied it a bit for me
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Names like Sakura, Yuki etc. exist, so...
  • $80+ per session
    Lucy, Lucille, Lucia, Lucinda, Helen, Helena, Elena, Elaine, Elaina, Eileen, Ellen, Yelena,

Claire, Clara, and Clarissa all mean some form of Light or Bright.
  • No rainbow star
    ...Ok, then I was horribly wrong
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm fairly certain that almost every name is a word, or was at one point.
  • edited 2011-11-06 14:23:27
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I forgot what game it was, but I named all the characters after the band members of The Runaways.
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

>that feel when you realize the character limit won't accept "Everypony Get Naked"

Realising the character limit will accept "Everypony Get Nude": priceless

• EVERYPONY GET NAKED!
    EVERYPONY GET NUDE!
    EVERYPONY GET WASTED!
    EVERYPONY GET RUDE!

I don't even know what the fuck I just typed...
    EVERYPONY WALK THE DAMN DINOSAUR ALREADY