If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

It's Bonfire Night!

edited 2011-11-05 11:40:39 in IJAM
I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
Yay!

Whilst I'm not setting off and fireworks or anything (as I don't want to scare my chickens) I'll be able to see all the others going about tonight.
I do miss having a bonfire though, it is fun to sit round a fire and drink in the autumn and watch fireworks.

Comments

• I won't be going anywhere either. I used to enjoy fireworks when I was a kid, but after a while they all get a bit same-y, unless they do something really spectacular like you sometimes get for New Year. Not having a garden also deprives you of the joys of having your own bonfire.
  • No rainbow star
    D: I want a holiday here in Canada where it is encouraged to make bonfires while setting off fireworks...

Sure there are holidays with fireworks, but none that also have bonfires D:
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Bonfires are a standard part of Autumn, at least, around the area of the UK that I live in.
  • edited 2011-11-05 15:10:01
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    They are in most areas really that I've seen, although high density urban areas have less room but usually they'll have the communal town bonfire/fireworks show in a local park.

Bonfires are one of the best part though, you get to roast potatoes in foil and stuff.
  • No rainbow star
    Firebans are a standard part of autumn here
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    That must suck.
  • No rainbow star
    Yeah

Damn dry weather. And when we do get moisture, it's often when it's too cold to bother with a fire >.>