If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Hub's slotting of MLPFIM

edited 2011-03-11 01:49:33 in Media
As far as I know, it only airs on Friday afternoons, at 1:30 ET, and is not shown at any other point. I dislike this from a marketing standpoint, as it looks as if they want to bury the show.

Also keep in mind that the channel's target audience is expected to be in school during this time. I know, DVRs are prevalent, and the show can be watched online, but still.

Comments

• They Just Don't Care as much as we do.

And by we I mean people who don't watch the show.

Not implying that we don't like it, we just enjoy the bandwagon
  • I could see why it's not a high priority for them. It's basically an advert for the merch, so Hasbro would want it to get more exposure, so because of that increased motivation, I guess the HUB might try to get a better deal from Hasbro before putting it on at better times.

I guess other shows also have merch, but the shows they are in are more popular.in the first place.

Actually, that shouldn't make sense. Hasbro should be willing to shell out to convince the station, unless toys aren't doing hot in this market?

Damn, maybe this doesn't make sense. Posting high here.
  • Doesn't Hasbro own half of The Hub?
  • Transformers > MLP
  • edited 2011-03-11 01:58:29
    Hasbro is half-owner of The Hub (the other partner is Discovery Communications), and by all indications seems to run the show.

^^oh you ninja
  • Meh. Guess I'm not an economics/business/marketing expert. I dunno if we'll ever know for sure unless Faust mentions something.
  • I figured it would be basic marketing stuff to not shove things on when the target audience doesn't know it's on.

I should probably watch the channel more. See if they run promos for the show at all. Because in the five-six tune-ins I've made (counting recordings) I have not seen any. (Though Rainbow Dash is featured prominently atop their website)
  • This may be a stupid question, but: what should a channel aimed at school-age children be showing during the school day?
  • Maybe. I just assume that these decisions have a good reason behind them that we aren't seeing. Or else, there'd probably be a lapse of communication somewhere for this to happen.
  • ^^Certainly not new episodes of what I assume is supposed to be a flagship "franchise player" show.