If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Is Tnophelia A Bitch or an Angel?

edited 2011-03-13 19:50:38 in General
DISREGARD THIS POST.

Comments

• edited 2011-03-13 19:50:31
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • edited 2012-07-22 16:56:51

• Lol, why would anyone want to make a sockpuppet for something like this? That's just stupid.

Anyway, in my opinion, which is the opinion of me and not any other poster on this forum using a thinly veiled, blatantly obvious sockpuppet, I think                                                                                , and furthermore,                                                        Green Eggs and Ham. And that's what I think of Tnophelia.
  • edited 2012-07-22 16:56:59

• I doubt you'd want to hear my typical brand of ass-kissing, so I'll just leave it at this; I think you're pretty cool.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-03-11 01:42:18
    Oh, of course we want to hear your brand of ass-kissing! Spit it out you cheap whore!

/TotallyNoRelationWhatsoeverToTotallyNotBob,Srsly
  • edited 2011-03-11 02:01:54
    acceptable? To ME, yes.  For the forum, eh, who knows?

Fun? Yes.

hostile? No.

bad? No.

Unforgiveable? No.

Bitch? If you are I can't tell.

Angel? Maybe an anime angel...  ^^

Am I driving away anyone you know that would like to come to IJBM2, but won't because I am here? Not as far as I know.

Am I making your enjoyment of IJBM2 difficult or impossible? No.
  • First, the topic made me think of J. Jonah Jameson from Spider-man. "Tnophelia: Threat or Menace!?"

Aside from that: I'm sorry to say I don't have much specific input, but one of my favorite things about this forum is that I get to interact with several posters whose posting habits don't overlap much with mine on the motherboard, and you're probably the most outstanding in that slice of the Venn diagram. I only had a vague impression of you as slightly annoying until I started hanging out here, and now I really enjoy seeing you around. Maybe it's a context thing, or maybe it's just because I didn't see as much of you there and got a bad impression second-hand, I don't know.

Sorry, this isn't very helpful or analytical (especially considering how tl;dr it got), but I hope my generic reassurance isn't totally useless. :P
  • Angels can be bitches. Ever watch Panty and Stocking?

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think of Tnophelia. Sometimes I kind of worry about her.

If you can pardon the comparison, it's kind of like Charlie Sheen's behavior. It's entertaining, but on some level you can't enjoy it fully since you're wondering about exactly how sick that person is.
  • edited 2011-03-13 19:50:25
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • That makes me feel more at ease.
  • Dammit, Gelzo made the reference before I could.
  • What, the crazy anime reference or the crazy celebrity reference?
  • @Bob: I'm seriously flattered that my opinion means so much to you.

Okay, so let's see:

*acceptable: Well, Tno's behavior doesn't seem to break any of the forum's rule, and I certainly don't have any problem with it.

*Fun: She's generally one of the more interesting people ot listen/talk to, so yes!

*hostile: I sometimes worry that she secretly hates me, though she'd be completely justified in doing so.  I don't find anything outwardly hostile about her behavior, however.

*Bad: This one's a little broad, so I'll just say no, her behavior is generally not bad.

*Unforgiveable: I can't imagine anything she's done being unforgiveable, provided it was even wrong in the first place.

Am I driving away anyone you know that would like to come to IJBM2, but won't because I am here? There's only one person I'd really like to see visit IJBM who isn't here, and Tno isn't keeping her away.

Am I making your enjoyment of IJBM2 difficult or impossible?  Quite the opposite, actually.

Please forgive how horribly formatted this is, my computer is a little strange like that.

• edited 2011-03-13 19:50:20
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • Mostly acceptable, though I would appreciate if you kept your shitposting out of discussions, also, your tendency to use your "dumb/insane" facade to shrug off criticism and insult other people is somewhat annoying, but pretty solvable.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Since I know you want honest criticism, based on your asking me over PM, I'll give it:

I think you're mainly cool.

However, as Noimporta says, you do shitpost a bit much, sometimes in discussions.  And by shitpost, I don't mean just funny off-topic posts, but I mean "just feel like posting whatever, for the sake of posting", even stuff like several random letters.  That might fit well on a fast-moving instant messaging medium like IRC, but not quite on a forum.

Also, yeah, the whole insanity/crazy-bitch façade is occasionally a bit tiring.
  • Have you considered acting more like a troll? I'm so fond of them...
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...uhh?
  • Sometimes it's hard to tell when you're being sarcastic.
  • edited 2011-03-13 19:50:16
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • edited 2011-03-13 19:50:10
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • edited 2011-03-11 22:12:49
    I don't have a profile. Do you mean my troper page?

You have one here.

1) post your random thoughts. Although I could just not mentioned banned = not banned someone else or something.
    That's not it, you just jumped and made an out of the blue statement about a rather touchy subject, read the next few pages.

3) how is this insane/crazy bitchy? I can see how you can be annoyed by the bottom, but it was slightly relevant to the policy and guideline discussion above.
    It wasn't, the post is vivid enough in the general troper consciousness, so just bringing it up just to doubt its existence, even when it was about something completely different is kind of the same as going to a Homestuck discussion and saying "Touhou does not exist." (actually, you should do that).

4) the 3rd comment, right? or all of them? I guess the 3rd was unneeded.
    No, the first one. It served no purpose whatsoever, the third one was obviously joking/trolling.

5) That didn't feel stupid or annoying to me. But, okay. I guess I won't mention stuff like that.
    ... You really don't see how that post doesn't make sense at all?
  • edited 2011-03-13 19:50:05
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • edited 2011-03-11 22:31:42
    4) Edmania brought up Seto and Yugi, and I replied to him. That's the purpose.
    The fact that Seto is more popular had already been brought up, Edmania was just comparing the characters.

5) If it doesn't make sense to you, I will explain. People are never sure when I am serious or parodying something. Chagen posted things that were never serious as well, but people ASSUMED he was serious all of the time. I thought perhaps it's because the seriousness was written into his memory of other tropers from past experiences that I wasn't around for. While I could tell when Chagen was just making off-the-wall statements, everyone thought he was serious.

SInce you interact with him on a regular basis, I will defer to your word, but his posts in OTC certainly seemed serious.
  • edited 2011-03-13 19:49:59
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • I have to admit, I like you better now than I used to.  You seemed more difficult to talk to annoying bitch - like in the pre - Vorpy era.

In fact I'm really liking how the IJBM community is evolving.
  • edited 2012-07-22 16:57:18