If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Anyone? Aw, I was ignored again.

AHRAHR
edited 2011-11-04 21:02:55 in Webspace
YES WE GET IT NO ONE SAW YOUR POST.

STOP TELLING US THIS.

ARE YOU DYING?

NO?

THEN MOVE ON!

Comments

• At the very least, give it a day before you start whining.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    *ignores*

:D

However, yes this kind of post is irritating unless the person made a relevant and important point regarding a debate that got ignored and is being unanswered by the opposing side.
  • -cough cough- Chagen -cough, cough-
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-04 21:06:30
    Abyss: eh?

Oh, you're talking about the hypothetical person, not me.

--slaps self--

Anyway, I see two variations of this:

the "No one replied to my posts" kind and 

the "No one is talking, especially to me"

Both seem to decide that, instead of going off normal discussions, and getting socialization from there, and taking your opportunities when you get them, to interject brazenly.

Sure, there is a context where it's acceptable, but that's far and few.
  • edited 2011-11-04 21:06:08
    The last time I recall this happening here, Chagen started whining after 2 hours of not getting responses, despite the forum frequently being asleep for 6 or more.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Which thread is this?
  • $80+ per session
    AHR is probably talking about Writer's Block. It happens there a lot, I think.
    Ahh.  Thinly-veiled dog-whistling criticism.  Yeah, definitely haven't seen this on this forum before.
  • I saw it on WB, sure, but this was not catalyzed by said section.
  • $80+ per session
    dog-whistling

What does that even mean
    Saying something that a subsection of the audience will understand but everyone else will not get.

Well, specifically, it's supposed to be for situations when the wording that makes the subsection get it is able to fly under everyone else's radars.  But I'm using a bit of a more expansive definition.

The term comes from politics, where you'll have people who say certain things that activists will recognize but most other people wont.  One of the most famous examples is mentions of "Dred Scott": Most people will (either not recognize this or) recognize this as an old pre-Civil-War Supreme Court case that later got reversed; anti-abortion activists will hear that and think about the additional meaning about how it was a bad SCOTUS decision like Roe v. Wade (in their opinion) and how its reversal sets the precedent for Roe's potential reversal as well.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-04 21:55:10
    Most of my threads are dog whistle threads.

Only no one gets them.

So they're more like fish whistles.

Or maybe I'm just really spur of the moment with these threads. 

--shrugs--
  • $80+ per session
    fistles?
  • They're somethin' else.
    If i've given you this response before, AHR, I apologize.
  • Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not that I can recall, and I'm usually a grudge holder...so I think you're in the clear in that.
  • Oooh, oooh, any grudges against me?
  • .......maybe. Once. But it was minor enough that your positive actions made up for it.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    How a bout me?
  • Oh great, it's this game again.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    inb4 a million people asking if AHR hates them

...Me?
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-04 22:24:09
    Inuh: 

I still blame you for ruining Durarara for me.

No. I am not so good with holding grudges against mod-types.

Um...you know I wouldn't ban you for holding a grudge against me or anything, right?
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-04 22:27:13
    I know that, I just have a hard time disliking people in power, unless they really pull something out of their asses. Same thing with most of the TVT mods. And my teachers. etc. etc.

Forzare: It amuses me that the people who ask me this seems to consist of people who I have no positive or negative feelings for.
    Ah, I see.
  • ^^ I usually feel the same way.

• You can change. You can.
    I don't ask because I know AHR hates me. And I don't care, that's how I roll

Anyway, I actually don't mind this. In the internet where everything works at break neck speed, it's not exactly bad to bring attention to your own thread if it's being ignored by others.

Not all threads are succesful of course and complaining about the lack of success in calling people's attentions is indeed dumb.
  • I usually find it's the same people over and over again, and I find it kind of rude.

I'm not talking about threads here though, I'm talking about a conversation in a  thread.

For example, WHY DID NO ONE COMMENT ON MY FISTLE COMMENT?

Or something to that extent.
  • edited 2011-11-04 22:40:20
    That kind of need for validation comes off as unhealthy if you ask me.