If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Need testers for table top RPG dice system. Sign ups here

edited 2011-11-03 07:45:57 in Webspace
No rainbow star
So, I wanted to start up an rp based around my Cryscon game. One thing led to another and the end result was INUH and I, despite me never having GM'd before (unless you count regular forum rps with no dice or anything), making a whole new system We're still developing it and haven't even started the testing yet, and could use a couple of testers So if you're interested, please post your experience with table top rpgs. That way, if there are more than what we want to let in, we know who should get allowed. It also allows us to keep out anyone with no experience As for details: It's a monster capture RPG with everything from mere bugs to the gods themselves (although if you manage to catch a god, then the system is clearly busted). Players themselves can also battle, and are in fact one of the titular creatures, Cryscon (if you catch a human successfully, then once again the systsm is broken) So who's interested?

Comments

• edited 2011-11-03 07:46:06
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    He's currently limited to a phone for internet access. So...yeah, typos happen on phones.
  • No rainbow star
    Not to mention sleep deprivation

Yay slowly losing my ability to think straight one school day at a time!
  • What exactly are you looking to test. I know you said dice system in the title but I would like some more information on what your want to test.
  • edited 2011-11-03 11:15:14
    No rainbow star
    Well, everything. The stats, experience, battle, capture, magic...

If there is a chance of breaking it, then it must be tested
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I'm in I guess.
  • edited 2011-11-03 11:59:25
    I'm in I guess. Played and/or ran D&D (2 to 4th ed), Shadowrun (4th, some 2nd though I barely remember it), Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, Paranoia, Star Wars (d20), Starmada, Mechaton, Battletech, World Of Warcraft Miniatures, amongst others I probably forgot.

And I LOVE breaking a system (That's why I love Shadowrun. It's so breakable.

Word of advice I'll give from the start, no system is 100% non breakable. something can, and will, be vulnerable to massive exploitation at some point. All you can do is limit it that to part that wont wreck a game. Just saying.
  • So effectively you need to run mass simulations over the number. Alright I'm in. I'm fairly good at finding ways of breaking systems. My pen and paper rpg experience is fairly limited but I've played enough crpgs to understand how to break rpg systems.
  • edited 2011-11-03 13:22:00
    No rainbow star
    Alright. I'll add you three to the development forum and that should be all that's needed

Currently the stuff done other than a list of creatures in it is tied up in a PM with INUH, so since I'm stuck with this phone until up to Monday, it may take a bit. Once it's up and I've set up a few test creatures, we can get started

Edit: Oh, forgot. cryscon.vanillaforums.com I'll also need emails so I can add you