If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I find women in high heels to be attractive.

edited 2011-11-02 16:22:24 in Wonderful posts
[tɕagɛn]

Clearly, this means that I have been indoctrinated and brainwashed by the patriarchy.

...Okay, thankfully, no one has ever said this to me, but I'm pretty someone out there thinks this.

(Also, I remember Myr on TvTropes!IJBM making a thread somewhat similar to this. 'Tis what inspired this one)

inb4 someone doesn't read the "wonderful posts" at the top

inb4 this derails into a serious debate

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    I like them myself. --shrug--
  • I want to wear high heels, even though I've heard they're hella uncomfortable
  • ...The fuck, did I just use "hella" unironically? That's...less than ok.
  • No rainbow star
    Inb4 somebody goes on about how nasty a kick in the balls from a woman in high heels must be D:
  • *makes a note to try that someday*
  • edited 2011-11-02 16:32:21
    They're somethin' else.
    Why/ how are heels/ women that wear them "sexy/sexier", exactly? What exactly to they add to titillation?
  • edited 2011-11-02 16:32:40
    No rainbow star
    ^^ Better not be on me. I'm allergic to pain. Makes me break out in pain, you see
  • blablabla fetish blablabla aura blablabla capitalist media indoctrination to associate it with sex blablabla
  • ^^ Oh, you thought I meant being the one who does the kicking?

Well I did but being on the receiving end sounds fun too
    Why/ how are heels/ women that wear them "sexy/sexier", exactly? What exactly to they add to titillation?

For exactly the same reason that big boobs are sexier

Read: No reason at all.
  • edited 2011-11-02 16:36:16
    No rainbow star
    ^^ ...You are twisted
  • edited 2011-11-02 16:36:28
    Kichigai birthday!!
    @Title

Many people do
  • "Why/ how are heels/ women that wear them "sexy/sexier", exactly? "

I have a feeling my particular like of them has to deal with my foot fetish, but I dunno.

Like Juan said: because they are

• No rainbow star
    ^ ...How many fetishes do you have again?
  • As many as there are stars in the sky.

I wish I knew Latin, because that would have been a PERFECT thing to pretentiously write in latin.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Nah.

Really, pretentious writing in Latin only looks good to the person who wrote it.
  • Semper ubi sububi.
    Oh come on, Chagen, that was a perfect time to quote Gurren Lagann.

"The lights in the sky are fetishes"

;_;
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ ???
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^It's Latin for "always where under where."
  • Semper=Always, ubi=where, sub=under

• ...You are twisted
    :D
  • They're somethin' else.
    -Manry tears arong with Juan-
  • edited 2011-11-02 17:35:47
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I actually tried walking around in high heels once, and I realized something: It makes me stand up straighter.

No, really, it does so in a way that subtly encourages backward bending and discourages forward slumping.  This makes sense if you consider how a human body's center of gravity ought to shift if you put it on an incline, which high heels basically are.

The result, however, is that the front of the body becomes projected outward more prominently.  In other words, it draws more attention to the wearer's frontside physical appearance--face, torso, and all.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Huh. Interesting :V
  • I associate high heels with European nobles back in the monarchy days more than I do women. How did they become a gendered object anyway? 
  • That's odd, Glenn.

I never notice the boobs of women wearing high heels. My eyes are always drawn to their feet and legs (when viewing artwork, of course. In real life, I treat women like normal people).
  • Friend:High heels hurt

Me: So why do you wear them?

Friend: 'cause they're awesome
  • edited 2011-11-02 19:06:05
    Loser
    Abyss_Worm,
    I associate high heels with European nobles back in the monarchy days more than I do women. How did they become a gendered object anyway? 

I am not sure. I tried to look that up on Wikipedia, but it was surprisingly unhelpful. Maybe you can find it better than I could.

I feel like one negative of wearing high heels is that walking with them is kind of loud. I think that can be problematic if you want to avoid attracting attention.
  • GMH is on to something. I was surprised that it hadn't been brought up sooner, but yes, high heels adjust the posture of the wearer. If you look at Louie's link, there are some bullet points in the Contemporary Scene section that mention some aesthetic reasons for wearing them.

That's something I've noticed after I heard about this stuff. That I find the legs of women in high heels to be more attractive. Before that I found the cultural association of high heels with sexy women to be baffling.