If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When you point a social injustice in the west...

edited 2011-11-01 21:04:49 in Philosophy
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
And then there's the inevitable response of 'Don't complain! People in the middle east have it so much worse!'

That may be so, but that isn't the issue at hand. Murderers existing doesn't make grand theft auto okay.

Comments

• 'Don't complain! People in the middle east have it so much worse!'

This is such a hilariously naive response if you have the slightest idea of what is even going on in the Middle East.

• edited 2011-11-02 17:21:25
    Loser
    I am not a fan of the "other people have it much worse" defense in general. Sure, some complaints are definitely petty, but just because people in one country may be relatively better off than those in another does not mean that the former should stop trying to improve things. Plus, while I certainly agree with the idea that people who are better off should try to help those who are less fortunate, most people have more influence in their home countries than abroad.

That being said, I cannot say that it is generally smart or accurate to make comparisons between say a lack of collective bargaining rights in Wisconsin and oppression under Mubarak in Egypt. That kind of talk seems pretty shortsighted to me and I doubt it helps other people take your arguments very seriously.