If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Facebook's interface and features

edited 2011-10-31 19:37:00 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Why can't my info page be my front page when people click my profile?

Why can't I show off my group memberships to people who visit my profile?

Why can't I get my custom lists to show up first when I want to assign people to lists?  Why do I have to keep on looking at "family", "coworkers", and "[my school name]" first?

Comments

• edited 2011-10-31 20:53:03
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    No, see, Facebook, I still hate your interface, even though I am starting to come to terms with the fact that I have to learn how to use you in order to make you an effective publicity and contact tool under my command.

Even on my birthday.  I know I have to go back there just to thank everyone who wishes me happy birthday.  Thanks for reminding me once a year that I have yet to deal with all the crazy assumptions you make about my life, such as the assumption that I will care that Andrea was eating at Marty's Diner on 5th or Peter discovered a fun new web game by which to waste time or that Kelly just broke up with her boyfriend.

I maintain a Facebook page for publicity purposes anyway.  Sure, I ought to use it to get back in touch with old friends.  I should probably also clear up my friends list of people whom I have no idea about anymore, and then categorize the rest based on how I got to know them.  (SO DON'T FORCE ME TO CATEGORIZE THINGS YOUR WAY PLEASE.)  And then after that, most of my posts will likely be conversation with friends that I don't mind making public, and announcements that will probably have to do with news items, political campaigning, spreading the word about special events or causes, or asking how people are doing.

No, I don't broadcast where I will be eating lunch.  No, I don't like giving fuel to stalkers.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh gosh, this guy is playing Farmville.

Thankfully, there's a "Hide all by Farmville" option.

...and he's also playing Mafia Wars 2.

-> hide all

...and he's also playing Car Town.

-> hide all

----

You know what Facebook needs?

A "dislike" feature.
  • Dislike would be amazing.

All of my money.
  • edited 2011-10-31 20:57:56
    I posted that on my wall once (I'm still new to Facebook). My friends told me to just type it in the comments.
  • Make joke profile of Nobody. Use like feature.