If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Awesome haunted hotels

edited 2011-10-30 17:02:48 in IJAM
Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

More Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines stuff. 

Basically, I love that hotel which is a bit of a tribute to The Shining. Poltergeists? Check. Bursting lights? Check. Sudden unexpected mindf**k? Check.

Anyone know of any other good haunted levels like this, in any game?

Comments

• edited 2011-10-30 18:13:00
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Re: the topic: Sadly, no, but I definitely want to hear about it if someone does. That's one of my favorite videogame levels.

Re: Bloodlines: If you're playing Bloodlines, you should totally look into this. We needs people.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Timesplitters Future Perfect has a pretty cool / creepy haunted mansion level. It's not a hotel, but it's still awesome.
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

^^ Bearing in mind I have alot of catching up to do this week, I'll think about it. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^I will check it out...

>checks Amazon
    >It's still going for full price despite being a PS2 game

...later.

^Cool. Given the rate that signups are going, we probably won't be starting this week.
  • edited 2011-10-30 19:25:41
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Really?

Huh.

Check eBay. Someone might be selling it for cheap.

It's an awesome game. :l
    I can probably get it cheap from Amazon marketplace, but I don't want to bother sifting through all the "this gets you the disc, no box, no artwork" entries and so on to find the price.
  • I thought this thread was going to be about actual hotels, not video games...

Those are cool too, but videogame ones are more accessible.
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

^^ Feel free to post pictures. :P 

I've stayed in several creepy bed and breakfasts. Infact I lived in one for a few months...

• edited 2011-10-30 20:16:40
    ^^Well ok. But Buck Hill Falls Inn will be waiting if you change your mind about that. 

Yeah, I want to go here someday. By then it'll probably be either gone or restored...