If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How to be patient?

edited 2011-10-29 22:49:41 in General
$80+ per session
HOW DO ;-;

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Bring a book.
  • I remember the times in the past when I was waiting a long time for something that I knew would happen, and take comfort in the fact that those times arrived. There's also distracting yourself with other thoughts.
  • $80+ per session
    But it'll take like....at least a month...
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Bring a lot of books.
  • Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.
    Grow a garden.

That will teach you patience.

Especially if it's a pot garden and you set it on fire.
  • $80+ per session
    uuuuuuuuuurg
  • Well, first you get sick or injured...then you go to see a docto- Oh, whoops.

But yeah, books seem like a good way to build patience, assuming you're patient enough for them to begin with.
  • Work out other stuff that'll take you a month or less to do, and concentrate on that. If you just sit there waiting for the day to arrive, the time will really drag.
  • ^Anything involving the Internet tends to be counterproductive in learning patience, since the Net is built on instant gratification.

Books are a good way of learning delayed gratification. I think other good delayed gratification activities would be arts and crafts. Or maybe programming.

• edited 2011-10-30 12:36:49
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    FIRST YOU GET ZEH SICK.

ZEN, YOU TELL ZEH DOCTAH YOU HAVE ZEH SICK, ASK TO BE TREAT.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Zen doctors don't sound like they'd be particularly effective.
  • I think Gelzo is right about distracting yourself with other thoughts being a way to be patient. Honestly, I feel like patience is kind of something you can build up too, sort of like how people build up stamina.

If you are having trouble waiting for something that will be coming up in a month or more, it might be a good idea to set aside little unique things to do each day until that date (a sort of countdown if you will). For example, I hear that plenty of people use advent calenders to help countdown the days until Christmas. Maybe you could do something like that.
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy
    Lie down in the dentists' chair as so... open wide, try not to swallow the dentists floss or knock the dentist as he drills into your cavity...