If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am one year closer to my grave (IE It's my birthday)

2»

Comments

• ^ And now that image is in my head D:

Then you wouldn't want to know that your parents had sex around January 29 (one of their birthdays, maybe?)
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Happy birthday! How's it feel to be one step closer to adulthood?
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ Not near their birthdays :D

Nowhere near

^ Honestly, everybody kept saying I was an adult when I hit 18. So I have no clue anymore D:
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Eh. Depends on which standard you go buy. Though Canada probably handles the typical "adult" privileges differently too. Or perhaps if you think of it as adulthood as in the time when you'll eventually work towards living on your own or something.
  • I didn't feel I'd achieved adulthood until I was in my late 20s and got a job that involved more responsibility. Some say no-one's truly adult unless and until they have their first child. I used to think that was typical smug bullshit from the married-couples' brigade, but since my sister had her first kid I've started seeing the point of that.

Anyway, the real point is that when you feel an adult is both subjective and incremental. It doesn't just happen because you've hit a particular age.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Personally, I feel one is an adult when they have experience providing for and supporting others. That ties neatly into parenting, but that's certainly not the only way to go about it.
  • edited 2011-10-30 10:40:13
    No rainbow star
    And then there are manchildren