If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I got my central heating working!

edited 2011-10-19 12:49:55 in Meatspace

...after several days of struggling, on and off, with the control panel on the boiler. I haven't needed it on since I started renting this flat, the weather's been to warm.

I feel like walking into some tense and dangerous situation and announcing - "Don't worry. I can sort this out. I've just turned on my new central heating. Also, any women who find me more attractive as a result are free to swoon now."

What could possibly go wrong?  

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    So you've managed to work the controls for the boiler?

Boiler repairmen get all the girls.
  • No rainbow star
    Now the next step is to convert it into a giant steampunk spider and ride it down the street, crushing all in your path :D

...That IS what you use a boiler for, right? :D?
  • Well, the boiler of a 19th century steam-engine maybe. Mine's gas-fired. The instructions don't mention use as a mechanical spider...
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Install more piping.  Install a steam-heating system.  Use the force of steam to turn attached protrusions.  Connect protrusions to gears and legs.