If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I have a REALLY fucking bad sore throat.

edited 2011-10-19 08:56:42 in Meatspace
Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
Like "it's swollen to the point where it completely closes off my throat" bad, and it seems to be getting worse. I'm at my dorm so I have no homemade treatments, and my best (and only) medicine is Tylenol. I have no quick access to medical attention and won't until Friday. This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have two quizzes, and a lab today. None of them I can skip, especially on such short notice.

ijbm.

halp.

Comments

• I know that feel. DX

If you can boil some water, pour it in a bowl and get a towel, then drape the towel over your head and the bowl and let the steam in a bit. It also helps if you put in some soothing vapors into the water or another sort of clearing aromatic. I don't know how much help it'll be but it's worth a shot.

I'm so so sorry you're sick. D;
  • Suck cough pastilles. I can't remember the name of the brand I usually get, although I can visualise the packaging, but that doesn't matter as unless you're in the UK it'll be called something else. You should be able to get stuff like that from a standard shop (or at least, you can here).

Also, try Lemsip - a lemon-flavoured drink for people with colds made by Beechams. I always use that with colds, but again it may be called something else outside the UK (if available). If not, any similar drink is probably as effective.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    How come you can't get a doctor or anything till friday?

Hope it opens up or vapours work!