If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: Time to bitch about the dark evening commute

edited 2011-10-17 16:22:44 in Meatspace
Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

My last lesson today ended at about 7:05pm. By then, it was getting cold and a wet wind was in the air. I waited about half an hour for a damn bus with a bunch of other people. When the bus arrived, I managed to get a seat but it was still crowded by the end and it stank of someone's putrid sweat. Unbearable.

During the daytime I would have gotten off the bus at an earlier station, and taken a more direct bus home. Even then, it runs only every half an hour and the drivers always switch. In the evening, it only runs every hour. 

It was slightly more bearable after all the scrubs disembarked, and a nice-smelling girl with a good taste in gaming sat next to me. After that, the bus went halfway around the city to the main terminal. A reasonably direct bus to the top of my road wasn't due in for half an hour. Did I mention it was pouring it down by now? So, I took another which drops me off right next to the bottom of the long steep road to my house. I was stuck behind a smelly old man talking incoherent babble to himself. Urgh. I could barely see the road with all the mist. I ended up pressing the bell at the wrong time and then saying to the driver "I pressed the wrong button- I mean stop. At the next stop." I bought myself a KFC and then faced a long rainy uphill walk. At least the meal didn't get soaked.

I got back at about 9:40pm, in the end.

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    C'mon man, that's nothin'.

I've had no-hopers try to sell me their homebrew vodka on the train home before. And sometimes I just get weird, discomforting people speak to me at the train station at random. I give them a cigarette and hope they go away, but sometimes they take it as a sign of friendship. And I've gotten into fights on the way home, too. -_-;

Rain and smelly stuff kinda sucks, sure, but that's a pretty tame ride home.
  • Yeah, they should sit at the back of the bu...oh wait, "dark evening commute", not "dark evening commuters". Sorry :3